Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Park Kiosk gets a makeover

Options
  • 29-09-2007 9:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭

I was passing down that way the other day and saw that they seemed to be taking everything off and putting new wood panels around it . Passed down this morning and was delighted to see they had put the old tobacco signs back up and I presume they will repaint it next week .

I have a great old photo of it somewhere , not sure when it was taken but it is covered in snow , must try and root it out and scan it .

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 annmarie124

delighted to hear that they are cleaning it up and not knocking it down and removing it. too many of our old buildings are being torn down and replaced with glass fronted buildings. the older buildings have character.I know the kiosk isnt a building but it is practically a landmark! :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

Are they going to re-open it?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

ParkKiosk-Old.1.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

I have a colour one somewhere Billy , but I can't find the bloody thing now ..grrrrr

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

I remember getting blackjacks and wine gums there once upon a time.

• Advertisement
Advertisement