Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LeMond Etape road bikes

Options
  • 29-09-2007 10:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭

Anyone know anything about these bikes? They appear to be good value...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 447 ✭✭cerebus

Anyone know anything about these bikes? They appear to be good value...

I'm a big fan of Lemond bikes. Currently own a Poprad (CX) - thinking of buying a Lemond roadbike as well.

I'm not too familiar with the Etape itself, but probably worth taking a look at if you find what looks like a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

The entry level Etape can be found for about €550, I think, which puts it in the same price bracket as the Giant SCR4 i.e. a little less than the Trek 1000 (or whatever it's called now) and a good bit less than the Specialized Allez.
    cerebus wrote:
    I'm a big fan of Lemond bikes. Currently own a Poprad (CX) - thinking of buying a Lemond roadbike as well.

I'm not too familiar with the Etape itself, but probably worth taking a look at if you find what looks like a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

LeMond are owned by Trek BTW (as are Klein, Gary Fisher and Bontrager.)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭Ghost Rider

I knew they were owned by one of the biggies alright but wasn't sure which one...
    blorg wrote:
    LeMond are owned by Trek BTW (as are Klein, Gary Fisher and Bontrager.)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,989 ✭✭✭✭blorg

Actually according to Wikipedia the company may still be owned by Greg but certainly strongly associated with Trek who help design, manufacture and distribute the bikes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement