Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

gerkros cosyman oil burner problem

Options
  • 29-09-2007 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 47

I recently installed a Gekros Cosyman oil heating system. It is in a self contained metal box. My problem is that the system keeps tripping out. Not from the burner itself but the box containing the thermostat. It has a covered trip which has to be opened and reset every day at least once. I have been left with no documentation by the plumber who did the job and he is getting back to me with it. Yeah right. Any one know what causes this to trip. Is it a wiring problem or what ?. Any help would be great.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

http://www.gerkros.ie/cosy%20man.htm

Follow the link and click the link at the bottom left of the page. You can download the Manual there.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Bravadin

Thanks but I have already seen that. The Cosyman Dual Stat is the piece of equipment which is misbehaving but there is no information about the sort of problems which might be causing this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭.243

it mightnt be the stat,it could be happining because its up too high(ie,95 degrees turn it down to 65degrees) or the ciculating pump is gone so the water is only heating in the boiler itself or there mightnt be no or very little water in the system,

Well It's not the temp as I have turned the temp down and it still happens. Will check the water supply in the system tomorrow. The pump is ok as the system works for a while ,varying duration, and the rads get hot. thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,775 ✭✭✭JamesM

Make sure that the sensor probes are inserted fully in their pockets. Also make sure that there is no air in the top of the boiler.
    The safety stat is working, but the main stat is not shutting off.
    Jim.

• Advertisement

thanks for all your advice. I emailed the Gerkros company as well for advice and they are sending a man out to look at it for me. thanks to them and ye guys

Edit

just to finish off. The engineer got here today and replaced a faulty thermostat. Very prompt service from a very helpful company. Thanks again

Advertisement