Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap petrol?

Options
  • 29-09-2007 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭

hey does anyone know where to get cheap petrol in or around the city, iam paying 113.9 at statoil on the link road at the round about for bishopstown, it was 111.9,:rolleyes: i travell over 100k a day to and from cork city, would love to know where to get the stuff cheaper..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 934 ✭✭✭techie

www.statoilcard.ie

Have two of these, mine and wifes, get good discounts on fuel every month , they can be used in any Statoil garages and now Shell too with the Topaz deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 896 ✭✭✭clansman

www.statoilcard.ie
    ^^^^^
    Is that not for a company?

No anyone can apply for them.

when i apply i am asked for a company name and in step 2 "Company Name to be printed on all cards" .... since i dont have a company name, what will i do?

Sorry wrong website:

http://www.motorcard.ie/

This is the correct one for the cards I have.

• Advertisement

cheers.. may cancel the other one....

ah i see that i would have saved 4cpl. thats about 30km free.. not to bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

The Statoil garage on the Straight Road (Carrigrohane Rd) is currently €111.9 - as opposed to €113.9 in my local garage (Shell in Ballincollig).

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭wideangle

http://www.irishfuelprices.com/

^^^That should sort you out.I usually fill up when near a tesco petrol station such as Killarney it was 106 per litre the last time I passed through!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

I've found two that usually have pretty good prices:
    1. Great Gas on the City Link.
    2. Discount Fuels in Hollyhill.
    Got diesel in Hollyhill two days ago, it was 106.9.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 10,957 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

I don't know the exact prices cos i'm not a driver myself but i've heard that the garage on the model farm road is one of the cheapest around... It's not any proper garage (like esso or shell) but it's a peugeot garage...

And the Texaco further along the model farm road (by CIT) is also supposed to be as cheap...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

That motorcard looks incredibly handy, I live close to a Statoil. Do they need to ring your workplace though, before they'll give you one?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭Owen

dahamsta wrote:
    I've found two that usually have pretty good prices:
    1. Great Gas on the City Link.
    2. Discount Fuels in Hollyhill.
    Got diesel in Hollyhill two days ago, it was 106.9.

adam

Woot, that place in Hollyhill belongs to a mate of mine!

The prices are great but a lot of the staff are assholes and/or morons. I was up there the other day and stood at the till for a very long five minutes, with people behind me, waiting for my card to auth. Eventually yerman yanks the card out of the terminal and tells me it was declined, which was just plain lying to my face (I rang my issuer 10 minutes later to check).

He'd want to move the CCTV cameras over the tills too, or he's going to find himself dealing with the IFSRA about it. He might not trust his staff, but I don't take too kindly to having a camera pointed directly at the card terminal when I'm putting in my PIN. Seriously dodgy.

BTW, don't I owe you a deposit, so to speak?

adam

You still have to see us play! We could be absolutely ushless ...

Well, we were convinced ye couldn't be all that bad if ye play GH that often, but now I see your spelling of the word 'useless' I'm having my doubts. :)

adam

dahamsta wrote:
    but now I see your spelling of the word 'useless' I'm having my doubts. :)

Well, as you relocated east of the city, I decided to use a coloquialism suitable to your new abode and it's surroundings. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭lostinsuperfunk

Shell at the junction of the road to Whitegate and the N25 just east of Midleton is usually cheap. I second the Lee Road Peugeot garage recommendation. If you're travelling further afield, Dungarvan is always a cheap place to fill up, there must be a local price war there. Charleville and Killarney are also cheap spots.
    http://www.pumps.ie/ (run by a boardsie I think) has a national fuel price map.

You callin' me a culshie ned78? :)

That Shell isn't cheap anymore lostingsuperfunk, hasn't been for a while; they were 111 the other day, when "cheap" garages were generally running around 107. The two garages on the other side of Midleton are usually cheaper, particularly Statoil if I remember right.

adam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

dahamsta wrote:
    The two garages on the other side of Midleton are usually cheaper, particularly Statoil if I remember right.

yeah, they're both cheap, but usually the same price.

I was thinking of complaining to the Competition Commissioner about their little cartel. :)

• Advertisement

Gauge wrote:
    That motorcard looks incredibly handy, I live close to a Statoil. Do they need to ring your workplace though, before they'll give you one?

They don't ring your workplace, they just setup a direct debit and away you go!! :)

Advertisement