Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Upgrading memory on a Dell Inspiron 8600

Options
  • 29-09-2007 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,217 ✭✭✭

I want to upgrade the memory on my laptop, its currently has 1 x 512mb, but I would like to go to 2gb, any advice?
    Where is the best place to buy and is it something that I could easily fit myself?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭vir7ual

the board on the laptop can take a maximum of 2gigs of ram so you're safe in putting that much in. Laptop ram is very easily fitted, one screw on the under side of the laptop allows you to remove a cover, under that are your 2 memory slots with 1 of them filled with your 512. On each side of the memory module you'll see 2 little metal connectors, push these outwards, VERY GENTLY, you're memory module will pop up, remove this at the same angel its sitting at after being released.

With your 2 new memory modules put these in at the same angel you took the other one out and push gentle downwards until the 2 metal grips slot into place and hold your memory down. Just make sure when you putting the memory in first thats it fully into the slot at the angel before you push down.

When you restart the computer you'll prob get a warning that system memory has changed press F1 to continue or F2 to enter setup. Just press F1 and you'll be set.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Crucial.com or shop4memory.com, just type in your details there for the cheapest RAM. Very easy to install as mentioned.

Advertisement