Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Missing from Maynooth :(

• 29-09-2007 2:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

Sophie went missing recently from her home in
    Maynooth, please look out for her if you are in
    the area. She is female, neutered, light grey and
    white with green eyes. She was wearing a red/
    maroon collar with a little gold bell. She is small
    to medium in size. She is very badly missed by her
    family. Any information, please call 086 192 0397.

Sophie%20sept07%20lost.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Where's my Cat?

Sorry the picture is so big. If you've spotted her anywhere or even a sign for a Found cat or even a knocked down cat who looked like her, I'd really appreciate knowing.

I don't really know what else to do. Thanks guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Any sign of her OP? Like with the person who lost her dog a dog is a lot more noticeable to people and is easier to find.....but cats are little toughies so she might turn up yet hopefully. I used to work in the Veterinary Clinic, you can put her photo up there on the window if you haven't already.

Thx a mil, I agree with all your points. Is it the vet clinic off Doctors Lane? If so, she is up there and Beaufield Vets.

No sign yet.

Even the crazy calls are drying up!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Thx a mil, I agree with all your points. Is it the vet clinic off Doctors Lane? If so, she is up there and Beaufield Vets.

No sign yet.

Even the crazy calls are drying up!

Yeah that's the one, ah...well hopefully she'll still turn up...keep the faith, we had some crazy stories about cats when I worked there, some came back after months and a year in one case...so there's always hope :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Celbridgedee

hey

just wondering did u find ur cat? I know this is a very long shot but I'm in celbridge (duh - guess the name gave it away). And there's a cat around here for the last while that sort of matches ur description - small to medium with a red collar and bell. Only thing is it's more black and grey-ish... have u a better photo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Hey OP, did you find that cat? Quite often students will adopt a 'stray' into a house and feed and look after it. Your cat may be perfectly safe and totally unaware of the problems it is causing you. :)

ooh i hope so!! that's what i've been telling myself, some nice student is looking after her.

celbridgedee thx a mil for the msg, even long shots give me hope. il try and get a better picture to you. if you have a camera phone i can text it if you would like to pm your number, obviosuly you may not wish to do that. no prob either way.

oh i hope it's her!!! does the cat you saw have any white on her?

in the meantime celbridgedee there is another pic of her on the Kildare forum under Region and also on Gumtree Lost & Found. You're so good to go to the trouble of posting, even if it's not her. thanks a million.

I'm sorry it took me so long to get back - I did check out ur other pic and I'm SOOOO sorry but i think i'm wrong. The cat around here is darker with black down it's back and more grey than white. I hadn't seen it around until recently n i thought i'd give it a shot - especially with the collar and bell. I REALLY hope u get her back though...

I'll keep my eyes peeled...

oh n i've no idea how to pm u sorry - just signed up cos i thought it might be her!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,303 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

OP: post a few notices around the college, as someone may have the cat at home.

Just, erm, avoid placing the photos near places where drunk students will see it, or you'll get some nasty calls at night by the drunks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 broadwaybaby

Post notices around the college , i read your post yesterday and when i went out last night i ended up talking to several people about the amount of cats around all the estates. If shes neutered though take another look nearby and its unlikely she'd stray - ckeck your garden , with neighbours , up chimneys. My cat went missing last year and after a week we found her up a neighbours chimney!

wow up chimneys? didn't think of that. oh dear.

don't worry at all celbridgedee, i really appreciate you registering and everything just to try and help. ive had loads of false sightings but they still give me hope!

i'll go to the college today and put up signs, any ideas whereabouts I should put them? (I'll keep away from the pubs and bushes where the students drink syco!)

I'm really only familiar with the fields at the back from walking my dog.

Thanks a mil for the replies, very encouraging!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

i'll go to the college today and put up signs, any ideas whereabouts I should put them? (I'll keep away from the pubs and bushes where the students drink syco!)

Just remember that it's highly likely that if you put your mobile number on these posters you will get crank calls...possibly at 3am when the Glenroyal closes...this is almost a 100% certainty. One of our final year students a couple of years ago died in an accident and our department put out a book of condolences for staff and students to sign. When we collected the book we had to slice out pages that had signatures such as "Michael Knight", "Jean-Luc Picard" and unsavoury comments such as "rot in peace" etc... If they would do that to the memory of a dead girl, they'll have fun with your mobile number!

Perhaps an email address is best. That way you can ask anyone who claims to have your cat to email a photo to you?

As for where to place them. Only on designated noticeboards. I'd suggest the new campus as that's where most student traffic is. The arts building, the John Hume Building, Perhaps outside the canteen and Students Union bar. The Biology/Comp Sci (Callan) building and the Physics & Chemistry buildings might be a good choice too.

Cheers thanks, unbelievable how low people can go. I've had my fair share of crazies from the last round of posters and signs, par for the course I suppose. Really lowers your faith in humanity.

I'll let you know if I get any good news but not really looking likely at this late stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

Can you post a better picture...

We have a stray female cat in Lucan Adamstown, she's been around for a few weeks she didn't have a collor but she might have lost it...

a very friendly tabby, female, about a 1 year old size...

i'll try take a picture, next time she's around.

I've fed her and de flea'd her...
    one of the neighbours put a coller on her...

i know lucan is a bit far out but cats can walk and often get into a nice warm car hood and get out when the car stops(happened to a friend of ours)

Oh Page that sounds promising!!!

I'll pm you re pictures

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 broadwaybaby

Try calling your local radio station too and put in a notice . I agree don't put your mobile number in . I know most of my friends feed the cats that come around so hopefully she's being taken care of.

Advertisement