Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

wicklow/dublin to bundoran

Options
  • 29-09-2007 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭

whats the best route to take from wicklow or dublin to bundoran and how long should it take??
    cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 593 ✭✭✭McSandwich

mac123 wrote:
    whats the best route to take from wicklow or dublin to bundoran and how long should it take??
    cheers

Take the N4 (Lucan) exit from the M50 and stay on it all the way to Sligo, then follow signs for Bundoran/ Ballyshannon. This is the best route with good roads all the way. It's about a 3.5 hour drive.

• Registered Users Posts: 564 ✭✭✭cue

The sligo road is much improved now. From the M50, give it 3.5 hours to Sligo, then another 40 mins to Bundoran. That is taking it steady and stopping off for coffee. If you want to make it quicker, leave in the early early hours

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭vesp

cue wrote:
    The sligo road is much improved now. From the M50, give it 3.5 hours to Sligo, then another 40 mins to Bundoran.

Agreed the road is much improved now. Its only 136 miles from OConnell St Dublin to the centre of Sligo, so it can be legally done in as little as 2.5 hours no problem, depending on the traffic and time of day / night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Jak

Aye the road is great now and still a few improvements to come.

Have done door to water - Dublin to Strandhill in ~2hr 30mins regularly enough at legal speeds (no stops though).

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭mac123

cheers for the replies, i thought it would take a bit longer so thats good news!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

must be some road alright, I thought the board failte add was telling lies when it said 3hrs from Dublin.
    It takes me 2hrs to get to Strandhill from Galway!!!!!!:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 159 ✭✭irishsurfer

Dont forget the liftline in the classifieds at irishsurfer.com

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

I must really get off my arse and make the trip up there from Galway some weekend.

Advertisement