Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

A3 comments and advice

Options
  • 29-09-2007 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi looking to buy a 1.6 3dr a3 1999/2000 just wondering does anyone have any experince with them? or has anyone heard anything about them? and do they have the flick key like the other audi's? Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

Not a bad choice. If it was looked after, it could turn out to be a great car.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

I think you should have the flick key but I had a '98 A4 that the previous owner had cut a flick key cut for even though it was supposed to have the fixed key. I would do this myself- much flasher. obviously the buttons didn't work.

Audis are good old yokes really. I've had a couple now and although they're a RollsRoyce, specwise but they have pretty sophisticated engineering- you really feel like you have something substancial under your arse.

Try to get one with service history if you can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Pugsley2007

Good choice, all that VW-Audi build quality, nice smooth ride, decent space and reasonably sized boot. Cheap to maintain if you avoid a main audi garage (engine-wise there is a massive VW-Audi-Seat parts availability).

Not the fastest thing on 4 wheels I would have to say (bit heavy for the engine power) - I changed up to a 1.9 TDI and found it much better for long country runs. But then, I'm ancient and have cheap insurance. If you are mostly driving in city traffic its a good car though.

Try to for for the more upmarket models - generally cost not much more and have decent features.

Matt

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

cantdecide wrote:
    I think you should have the flick key but I had a '98 A4 that the previous owner had cut a flick key cut for even though it was supposed to have the fixed key. I would do this myself- much flasher. obviously the buttons didn't work.
    :D

Advertisement