Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to advertise?

Options
  • 29-09-2007 3:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭

I've had a lot of trouble advertising a website I've had in the works for some time now - the basic gist of it is providing guitar tabs & music videos. Kind of a "learn by ear" thing, influenced by Powertab and the likes.

The problem is getting it out there - I obviously cant go running onto other guitar tab forums and post the link around - I'll get banned near instantly.

I ran an adbrite campaign over about 3 weeks, but the majority of clicks I got were fake - the reffering urls being blank pages with some ads, and then being removed a couple of days later.

I've no problems with paying money for advertisement, but adbrite just seems to be full of fake clicks. Anybody got any better ideas as far as advertisement goes?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Adding links is a powerful way to start getting your site up there in listings ...

You've got your signature on here for instance ... with over 2000 posts by x amount of views ... you'll looking at a lot of people reading your posts ...

Googles Adwords would be another option ....
    http://adwords.google.com/select/Login

http://www.redflymarketing.com/blog/ has some interesting reads as well :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Sig is a good idea, but the music forum charter explicitly outlines that no discussion or linking to guitar tabs are allowed - so I'd say advertising in my sig would also be considered an offence ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Tellox wrote:
    Sig is a good idea, but the music forum charter explicitly outlines that no discussion or linking to guitar tabs are allowed - so I'd say advertising in my sig would also be considered an offence ;)

Ah hadn't thought about the legal implications of the tabs ... also I notice google doesn't show up any adverts when you search for tabs

• Registered Users Posts: 3 drang3d

Directory Submissions (Check out addurl.nu for a list of a 1000 to get you started), Article Marketing (Time consuming but very effective if you find the right distributer), Distributed Press Release using prleap.com or something similar. The sigs is usually a good one two.

Advertisement