Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I set my NAT to open?

Options
  • 29-09-2007 4:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭

Im having trouble connecting to online games(ETQW) and one source informs me that it may be to my NAT being moderate or too strict. When I check it on my XBox 360 it is set to moderate. I want to set it to open. How do I do this?

Im using a ZyXEL P-600 series router btw.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

You dont just set your nat to open, you would need to open specific ports for whatever you need to use, in your case the 360, find out what ports you need and follow the guides over at www.portforward.com
    Find your router there and follow instructions, this may be your one but there are a few p600 series there..
    Pick out the router here and choose application or click through to the default guide. If you need more help try read this

ab

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭irish_boy90

i had that problem with playing pc games online.
    tryed a few things in the end the best advice it to not bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Put the 360 in the Router DMZ
    (But not ever PCs)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 7,486 ✭✭✭Red Alert

I'd never use the DMZ function for a black box device or PC. A quick google search will tell you the ports you need open. Your 360 will need to be using a static IP.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

Well we use DMZ for a PS2, zero trojans or exploits on that.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

I'd suggest putting the 360 in the DMZ, if there were any exploits around, theyd be publicised.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

The 360 can be a nightmare and just won't work with certian routers. I had to go through 3 before I could get it to work, I tried port forwarding, DMZ and I can't remember what. Eventually I got a router that it just worked through, no tweaking necessary.

Advertisement