Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mcdst 70-271

Options
  • 29-09-2007 4:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Preparing for the above exam at the moment. All is well. but it is bothering me that I have found at least 5 mistakes on the "Measure Up" CD that came with the Microsoft book.

Can I assume that the actual Microsoft Exam will not have mistakes in it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

For the 271 exam there will be very few if any because the exam is so old at this stage...

What mistakes did you find

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

As far as i remember, one question says that MUI is available for home edition, another says it is not.
    Another question says that a group policy could be affecting a user, however the user is using XP home edition which does not have group policies.
    Another question about partitions implies that partitiions have to be deleted in order according to allphabetical order!! IE, Delete the d, e , f partitions, recreate the D, E partitions. Any other order of deleting the partitions is incorrect!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Can I assume that the actual Microsoft Exam will not have mistakes in it?

I've yet to see one.

The "Measure Up" Cd's are more or less just a rehash of what they ask you in the book, I dont use them as actual Test Prep material/questions.
    XP home edition which does not have group policies
    I never knew that, it should have clicked I suppose, but didn't for some reason. If anyone else is missing a screw like me, pulled this from the MS Site.

Because they cannot be joined to a domain, you cannot manage computers running Windows XP Home Edition by using login scripts.

The following corporate management features are not included with Windows XP Home Edition:

Folder Redirection
    Group Policy settings
    Local Policy settings
    System Policy settings (Poledit.exe)
    Roaming User Profiles
    Offline Files and Folders
    Software Installation and Maintenance
    Remote Installation Services (RIS)

Just thinking I went slightly off topic.

To your original question.

I wouldn't worry about it at all. 70-271 has been out long enough to make sure all 99.9% of all the questions \ answers are accurate.

Good Luck with the exam.

The "Measure Up" Cd's are more or less just a rehash of what they ask you in the book, I dont use them as actual Test Prep material/questions.

Thanks for the reply.

Can you recommend some test prep material / questions?

• Advertisement

On that note, can anyone recommend where i could get (preferably but not necessarily free) preparation material and questions. From searching there seems to be so many companies offering it, but from what i see on the demos, most of the stuff is muck.

Transcender do some good stuff, I always found the questions a lot harder than the actual exam.

I haven't actually taken the 271 exam so it might be best to hear from someone who sat the exam recently.

yeah i have read about their stuff. bit pricey though!!!

Thanks

Transcender and measureup are bout the only decent test material out there

transcender it is so!

• Advertisement

By the way the measureUp cds are rubbish, I would check out their online stuff, it tends to much better and much more current

Advertisement