Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

120 euros to spend, what are your recommendations?

• 29-09-2007 4:51pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭

I don't want anything too fancy, gust a GPS that'll calculate a route for me, and then tell me what to do.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

obl wrote:
    I don't want anything too fancy, gust a GPS that'll calculate a route for me, and then tell me what to do.

I think your asking a lot for the price your willing to pay. Off the top of my head I don't know of any with what your looking for for that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

There's a Medion one in halfords for about 89.99... It'll get you from A to B but the maps aren't fantastic. It also takes batteries.... If you would push to 150, you could pick yourself a nice Route 66 Chicago 6000 from Halfords. Maps are quite good and they system itself is easy to use :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 481 ✭✭walshki

At that price I think you might need a refurb
    This guy
    Link

Sells refurbs but if you don't mind that you get a working system (presumably). He has a 30 day return to sender policy. He's got nothing up at the moment but some of his stuff would have been within your budget. He seems to sell about 1 or 2 a week.

I did get one for €118 delivered from ebay recently from this guyLink and it was the famous aytobe one discussed on bargain alerts in this thread link which as discussed there could be converted to use tomtom if you want to go to the trouble. The first ebay seller I referred to sold some navmans aswell with full europe maps apparently but I don't know how good the ireland maps are on Navman (someone might be able to comment on that).

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,045 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

What about this one, I know its a bit more than your budget, but it looks decent value for the money.

A description from the website
    Did you know ? Its not the Brand of the Sat Nav its the Maps that count, THIS MODEL HAS NAVTEQ MAPS. Navteq maps are the only maps used in Garmin Sat Navs at 3 and 4 time’s the price of this RAC model. Navteq maps are with out doubt the most superior mapping system for Ireland (as of September 07) .
    I came across this offer from the banner on the gps forum here on boards

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Aquos76 wrote:
    What about this one, I know its a bit more than your budget, but it looks decent value for the money.

A description from the website

I came across this offer from the banner on the gps forum here on boards

Yeah I heard that somewhere too.

• Advertisement
Advertisement