Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fancy Dress - Wonder Woman

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 436 ✭✭lezizi

My friend wore the Argos one for her hen night and it looked great the skirt is shorter than it is in the picture

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Claire_lou1983

No way, its good to hear that someone else wore it.

Im a bit of a short arse and only 5' 2" so the skirt might be longer on me, also I have a big bust so the top might not fit. The one with the knickers has a bit more support on the top for my boobs.

I would love to get a nice paid of hot pants with stars on them and a nice bustier top but I would not have the headband n all the other acessories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

i wore the argos one on my hen night and the small is huge, i got out my trusty sewing machine and sewed it as tight as poss, im a size ten but with massive boobs, so it held them in cos it was so tight, the skirt is mid lenght im 5ft4, but i bought a blue pair of boy pants ans sewed on a red satin star just for a lilltle bit more coverage!! btw at the end of the night i was dared to swap clothes with a man, which i did (he was over six foot and the costume fitted him, he actually wanted to keep it)!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

No way, its good to hear that someone else wore it.

Im a bit of a short arse and only 5' 2" so the skirt might be longer on me, also I have a big bust so the top might not fit. The one with the knickers has a bit more support on the top for my boobs.

I would love to get a nice paid of hot pants with stars on them and a nice bustier top but I would not have the headband n all the other acessories.

I am giving serious consideration to attending this event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Plenty of choice here. You can return the favour with pics of how you look in the outfit;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,915 ✭✭✭Siogfinsceal

Hi, I made my own before but its time consuming! I stitched blue material over a denim mini and added white stars cut from felt. a red bustier from dunnes was the top with gold material added. I got the red material for my cape and head band from hickeys, and the rest.
    They have good costumes on ebay. who cares how short it is (im 5'2" myself) - its halloween you can look as slutty as you like and use the 'its my cistume' excuse ;-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

I dressed up as Wonder Woman last Halloween.
    The outfit was the one with the skirt and I rented it from Clown Around near Stephens Green. I think it cost about 50euro and there was a deposit as well.
    I'm 5'3" and a size 12 and it was a perfect fit. It was so cool. I loved it and didn't want to give it back!

Advertisement