Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Setup a NTL Broadband with a Wireless Router

• 29-09-2007 5:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭

I'm stumped! Not very technical, any kind soul like to talk me through the steps? It's a Linksys WRTG54G router.

Much obliged for any help coming!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,454 ✭✭✭cast_iron

Plug the NTL modem in to the "Internet" port of the Wireless router (with the LAN cable provided by NTL) and away you go.

Be sure to use a secure WPA-PSK security, change the default password on the Wireless router and turn off the SSID.

No changes needed on the NTL router.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,080 ✭✭✭kenco

Almost sure this is the same as I have!

If I remember correctly it was simply a matter of connecting the Linksys (WAN port) into the NTL and then messing around with the config of the Linksys. If you run IE then I think there is a setting that allows you to autoconfig via their website (very handy)

Certainly there was no problem with IP addressing between the two boxes and it worked and continues to do so apart from the odd reset (power down/up) of both boxes.

Let me know if there is any specific problems as I am sure the boardsies can resolve!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭irlrobins

You might need to power off the NTL modem for a min or to before connecting it to the router and powering it up.

Advertisement