Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aras na Ngael

Options
  • 29-09-2007 6:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,349 ✭✭✭

What's it's deal. It's never open every time I go down there. I'm looking for 'teh trad'.

Do I have to speak irish?

...I don't know any Irish.

Pionta guinness le do theil.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

Go to the Crane instead :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

Love the Aras, Irish a plus but in fairness never shoved down ones throat, well worth a look!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

I love the Aras when there's a good crowd there, don't get me wrong ... its just a lot of the time you'll find there isn't a good crowd ... the crane tends to get a decent crowd most nights

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Used to be mostly Connie Irish spoken but these days lots of tourists and blow-ins. Great times had there.

For trad:
    Taffees
    Tigh Coili
    Crane

AnG is actually a "disco" Saturdays http://www.bebo.com/Arus-na-nGael

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 triblex

biko wrote:
    Used to be mostly Connie Irish spoken but these days lots of tourists and blow-ins. Great times had there.

For trad:
    Taffees
    Tigh Coili
    Crane

AnG is actually a "disco" Saturdays http://www.bebo.com/Arus-na-nGael

i think it's friday nights disco...but not 100 per cent sure about it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

triblex wrote:
    i think it's friday nights disco...but not 100 per cent sure about it
    Could be. I'm usually too drunk to notice what day it is when I'm there :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭gucci

used to do really good Guinness but the last two times i was in it (bout a month ago) it was dodge enough....the disco is on a fri nite as far as im aware....i dont live in galway so wouldnt be there that often. theres usually a bit of a trad session on a sat nite...

Advertisement