Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Centre living at its finest

Options
  • 29-09-2007 8:11pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭

http://www.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft?search=

Is this type of thing common in Dublin City Centre? I don't expect living in town to be cheap, but come on - sleeping in someone's living room in Dorset street?

I guess my question is what is the lowest amount you could pay for your own room in or around the city centre (e.g. within 3 miles of o'connell st)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,074 ✭✭✭BendiBus

http://www.daft.ie/searchsharing.daft?search=

Is this type of thing common in Dublin City Centre? I don't expect living in town to be cheap, but come on - sleeping in someone's living room in Dorset street?

I guess my question is what is the lowest amount you could pay for your own room in or around the city centre (e.g. within 3 miles of o'connell st)?

Probably common enough among migrant construction workers.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Ye gods- I thought you were joking......

You may find a bedroom in an apartment share for as little as €330 monthly link here but that is very much the exception- normally you are looking at the €500-700 monthly mark (depending on the property, which side of the river its on, and how far from the city centre.

I'd suggest checking out Smithfield (D7) its central enough and there are shiploads of rental property there- its possible that there may be people interested in shares.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,466 ✭✭✭Smoggy

"If you wanna pay your sleep place cheaper" <- :D:D:D:D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭iguana

Daft wrote:
    It`s just 220 euro per person per month .

That sort of implies there may be more than one person sharing the livingroom.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

Jeez, that really does sum up the state of renting in Dublin!

• Advertisement
Advertisement