Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

last nail in the coffin for Chelsea..

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

:rolleyes:

You know RA is Jewish himself, yeah? Must grate for the knuckledraggersHeadhunters to know their beloved club is owned by a Yid.

yes, of course i do.

and yeah, you're right, i'm sure it doesn't sit well with some but they are a tiny tiny minority of chelsea fans these days.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

nipplenuts wrote:
    All across Europe, the successful clubs are the rich ones. Every title is bought..........

How exactly do you think united became so rich?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

^^^^true dat
    Thats my problem with Chelsea, as a United fan Im also well entitled to that!

KdjaCL wrote:
    Kenyon is at Chelsea to get them into the G14 and hes failing miserably as long as he continues to break their unwritten rules, they letting in 30 odd new clubs and Chelsea are not one of them.

kdjac

Curious, there was talk about G-14 / 18 expanding to have up to 50 members earlier this year, but I've not heard or read anything to suggest Chelsea were not going to be invited to the party. Can you enlighten me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

Mr Alan wrote: »
    think it was definately to do wit todays performance as opposed to the treatment, for the majority of fans, if they went out and appointed Van Basten or if Grant was to hit the ground running and start winning straight away, they would quickley forget about Jose imo.

As was said, their success was bought for them...all they want, is that success to be maintained. they are a club without soul imo.

*cough* *cough*

where is all the Chelsea fans that were going mental about Jose getting the sack now? Calling for Grant to be sacked straight away? Protests at RA and his treatment of Jose?

think wat i said above has proven to be correct

• Closed Accounts Posts: 264 ✭✭selpher

How so?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,658 ✭✭✭✭Peyton Manning

I live with 2 Chelsea fans, and although they are the only Chelsea fans I know, but I do know that they still oppose Avram Grants management. I for one still think something isnt right at that club.

*cough* *cough*

where is all the Chelsea fans that were going mental about Jose getting the sack now? Calling for Grant to be sacked straight away? Protests at RA and his treatment of Jose?

most of them are sitting in stamford bridge every second weekend, where grant is still unloved and largely considered to be the world largest and ugliest puppet. However, despite the anger that the sacking of Jose provoked amongst most fans, ultimately we're chelsea fans not Mourinho fans and will continue to support the club regardless of our feelings regarding Grant, Roman, Kenyon & co., our current run of results is great but wouldn't change the feelings of most of the fanbase regarding our current management structure and the rationale for his appointment.

you should take something for that cough.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,235 ✭✭✭iregk

Where are all the Chelsea fans that opposed the Grant move. Well I'm right here. I wouldn't say I was blind to Jose's faults. Yes I thought he was brilliant and was devestated to see him go. Would i still prefer if he was there, yes of course. A handfull of results does not wipe out the memory of what Jose brought to the club.

Now at the end of the year if we are champions then we will look at Grant, Cate, Clarke with a different aspect but for the moment the memory is still strong. That said most Chelsea fans were not upset at the fact that Jose was sent packing, it was the manner in which it was done that upset us.

As growler said yes while we love certain players, hate others, the same with the staff our first and biggest love is for the club not the manager. If Grant wins us a title then yes we will praise him. Should the results drop off and we fail to qualify for the CL then rightly so we will slaughter him. We are not alone in this. Most liverpool fans I know want Rafa out, United fans seem to be calling for Alex to go on a yearly basis despite what he has done for the club.

The strongest love is for the club, not the staff!

iregk wrote: »
    . If Grant wins us a title then yes we will praise him. !

not even sure about that !!

if we win the title i would say it was despite Grant not because of him, he's really in a no win situation when it comes to the fans I know, myself included.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭DerKaiser

Firstly, HA! Chelsea still doin' the do without Napoleon Mourihno,
    Secondly, I still don't know who Grant is and couldn't care, I don't know how involved he is but he gets on well with Abramobitch so it leaves Steve Clark and Ten Cate to run the team, that's good news
    Thirdly, it says a lot about our players that they can pull together and play such magnetic football after Mourihno
    Fouthly, HA! back to 3 points behind the leaders!!!

CFC til I die!!!!

KdjaCL wrote: »
    Kenyon is at Chelsea to get them into the G14 and hes failing miserably as long as he continues to break their unwritten rules, they letting in 30 odd new clubs and Chelsea are not one of them.

kdjac

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2007/11/07/sfnche107.xml

Reported in today's papers that Kenyon believes that the G14 has outlived its usefulness and that if invited to join would "politely decline"

:confused: so who's right, kenyon or kdjac ?

growler wrote: »

Reported in today's papers that Kenyon believes that the G14 has outlived its usefulness and that if invited to join would "politely decline"

G14 is a Gentlemans club for rich overweight businessmen who happen to own football clubs, what do they do? Do they have a use in real terms? I've never seen it, Chelsea are fine without the "G14 status"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

growler wrote: »

Do you actually believe Kenyon?

He's afraid that Chelsea wont be let in, so he's trying to discredit the G14. Kenyon would jump at the chance! He's just getting his excuses in already.

That big party where all the cool kids are going is gonna be crap. I don't care that I wasn't invited, I didn't even wanna go anyway! :D

• Advertisement

An Citeog wrote: »

That big party where all the cool kids are going is gonna be crap. I don't care that I wasn't invited, I didn't even wanna go anyway! :D

Cool kids? Old has beens most of them, G14 status is worthless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭An Citeog

DerKaiser wrote: »
    Cool kids? Old has beens most of them, G14 status is worthless

Kenyon's main aim is to get Chelsea amongst the elite clubs in Europe. Like it or not, the G14 is made up of those elite clubs. Kenyon loves to feed his ego and Chelsea not getting in would be a big blow to that.

Advertisement