Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

So I got selected for Sound On Sound magazines mix rescue

Options
  • 29-09-2007 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭

http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/oct07/articles/mixrescue_1007.htm

I was pretty thrilled to get this and it was a great experience. The link contains a before and after version of the song. To be honest when I knew I'd gotten it I made alot of changes to the original which was just a rough version anyway so they aren't directly comparable in every way.

The before and after versions are at the end of the media player, tracks 9 & 10. Feed back and thoughts welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,110 ✭✭✭sei046

ah thats great man. Brill opportunity!

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭booooonzo

Ok im listening on crap headphones but still the levels on the vocals paul's version are all over the place i think.

I think the vocal in the verse is very week and then too boxy and loud in the chorus instead of powerful. just my 2 cent.

but the rest is an improvment, did he give you the files he mixed back for you to have a go?

also i prefered the opening on the original with no drums.

congrats anyway, well done

• Registered Users Posts: 3,849 ✭✭✭condra

I like what he did apart from the backing vocals in the chorus, which sound a bit muddy and creepy to me.

Congrats by the way. SOS - thats a biggy!:D

PS- Your track is lovely. Reminds me very much of Stephen Rooney, dont know if you know of him or not, but hes pretty regular on the Dublin singer/songwriter gig scene.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

Sweet, nice one frobisher. I can't listen to it where I am now but will give it a spin tomorrow. Congrats for landing that... you now have bragging rights galore :D

Advertisement