Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

E61i, is it the phone for me, owners opinions?

• 29-09-2007 9:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭

I know it is really a lbit of a PDA and that I don´t need. What I like about the phone is:
    1. Big screen
    2. Great battery
    3. WiFi
    4. Not slider or clam-shell
    5. Good buttons
    6. Is Nokia (just habit)
    I use public transport a lot and would like to use the phone
    1. to watch compressed DVD's,(xvid,divx,etc)
    2. listen to pods,music
    3. WiFi web browse at free hot-spots,
    4. also maybe VOIP there at the hot spots
    5. Also Bluetooth GPS and Sports Tracker
    Would prefer a better camera but on balance, I would loose some of the other positive factors, especially battery life.

🧐IMHO, God wants us all to ENJOY many,many ice-creams , 🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦🍦

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,180 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

ticks all the boxes except maybe as a video player not sure if its reliable enough to use (freezing picture sound sync etc)

also while its a nokia its a symbian os phone so it will be different than 'normal' nokias

i loved mine tho great phone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭dohouch

Is there a phone that does video playback better, or is it case of going for a different piece of equipmet, like Zune,iPod,Archos.

Are all phones going to be equally dodgy at playing back xVid, and Divx?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

I've got the E61, its a great phone alright does a lot of things well, albeit a bit slow.
    The Screen, buttons are great as is the familiarity factor with Nokia.

The Nokia E61i has a camera although it really isn't great (only 2MP).

The Register did a comparison between the E61i and the Moto Q9.
    They like the Q9 a lot more as E61 just isn't as friendly to use (overly complicated)
    http://www.theregister.co.uk/2007/08/27/nokia_e61i_motorola_q9h_headtohead/

So maybe the Moto might do Video better than the E61(i).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,550 ✭✭✭dohouch

@WezzyB . Interesting review first time reading a phone review there on the register. The E61i hs some things I d't like or need, but it has osme great strengths , and peopler are raing about the build quality, and bang for buck even if slow looks like comparatively good value.

Now whee to buy. You know it´s aproblem buying QWERTY phones in another non-english speaking country. in Spain at the moment and it just hadn't occured to me that even thoughI'm using a different keyboard on PC that this applies to mobiles/PDa's also

Advertisement