Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planet X pro carbon

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,085 ✭✭✭ba

i ask cos i have had Mavic Ksyrium Elites fitted to my new bike (07 Tarmac Expert Specialized). i believe one should upgrade to SL when possible, but i just dont have the money really. i'm going for the silver ones tho'.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Is there a specific thread relating to the challenge of going up that hill in Wicklow? I reckon i might give it a lash this weekend if anyone is around for the craic? I haven't even sat on my bike for 5 months but I'm up for it - it's only 200m long. In any case, it would be a good excuse to meet up for a laugh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Membrane

el tel wrote: »
    Is there a specific thread relating to the challenge of going up that hill in Wicklow?

No, it was mentioned in various threads.
    I reckon i might give it a lash this weekend if anyone is around for the craic? I haven't even sat on my bike for 5 months but I'm up for it - it's only 200m long. In any case, it would be a good excuse to meet up for a laugh.

The challenge I posed involves me (not fit) on a cheap bike with low gearing (22x28) against a highly fit rider on a high end bike with a standard double (39x25).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,991 ✭✭✭el tel

Membrane wrote: »
    No, it was mentioned in various threads.

The challenge I posed involves me (not fit) on a cheap bike with low gearing (22x28) against a highly fit rider on a high end bike with a standard double (39x25).

So is it a race, with the fit rider unable to get out of the saddle or merely a test to see if it is possible for a fit rider using a standard double to climb the hill without getting out of the saddle?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭Membrane

el tel wrote: »
    So is it a race, with the fit rider unable to get out of the saddle or merely a test to see if it is possible for a fit rider using a standard double to climb the hill without getting out of the saddle?

I've summed it up in a seperate post: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=54235873#post54235873

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27 infinity&beyond

King Raam wrote: »
    them's the wheels I just bought but haven't been able to test yet. How are they working out for you?

I only had time to get out for a two hour spin last weekend. I'll be going for a longer ride this weekend, so I'll let you know.

As a relative novice in these things, what makes one wheel better than another? I know weight will have a bearing, but I figured strength and the ability to last the test of time (less need for regular truing, broken spokes etc) were what made the difference.

Should I "feel" the difference on the road? Downhill / flat more than up?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,516 ✭✭✭E@gle.

ba wrote: »
    i ask cos i have had Mavic Ksyrium Elites fitted to my new bike (07 Tarmac Expert Specialized). i believe one should upgrade to SL when possible, but i just dont have the money really. i'm going for the silver ones tho'.

I plan to upgrade to SL's for next Summer, great sturdy wheels and look good also

Advertisement