Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Myson MPE222 motorised valve - where to buy?

Options
  • 29-09-2007 10:01pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm looking to replace one of the above, one of mine started making a horrible humming noise so I guess it's shot.

Any good sources for these? Can't find much in Google other than the manufacturer website. Can they be bought without the actual valve (which is fine) i.e. just the motor unit?

I'm based in Dublin 15.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Maybe try here ,you can purchase the head alone.
    http://www.homewise.ie/supplier/Dublin/CDVSuppliesLtd/4708/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

HeatMerchants have them on their website too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭10-10-20

These guys in Cork do Sauter and you can buy online.

http://www.ephcontrols.com/catalog/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=5_7

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Excellent, thanks all. CDV are not far from me, I'll try them.

Are the valve spindles a standard size/shape? Could I use a non-Myson head with the valve I currently have?

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭Doolittle51

just wondering if you managed to get this from CDV? i need one too!
    Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭MotteDai

I know this thread maybe long since gone, Im looking for one of these i believe the motor unit is gone its in a house I rent. Can just the motor unit be bought? I presume so.. they dont look complex to fit just wip old one out and replace.. any tips?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Thanks, as I thought there shouldnt be a problem, i couldnt find that earlier would you believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

MotteDai wrote: »
    Thanks, as I thought there shouldnt be a problem, i couldnt find that earlier would you believe.

Most of the time its just the head needs replaceing. Its available in most plumbing places because its a very good valve. You cannot change heads though.

Having sold and supplied both I would use a myson over a sauter valve though. Sorry EPH. :)

Most of the time its just the head needs replaceing. Its available in most plumbing places because its a very good valve. You cannot change heads though.

Having sold and supplied both I would use a myson over a sauter valve though. Sorry EPH. :)

Really? I thought I should be able to just switch out the Actuator without breaking the line and pulling out the body. You reckon I have to change it out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

MotteDai wrote: »
    Really? I thought I should be able to just switch out the Actuator without breaking the line and pulling out the body. You reckon I have to change it out?

sorry what i mean is different heads are not interchangeable, my apologies. changing the head is to the same is the most common thing

Thanks for the info, il change it out tomorrow
    oh ill let ye all know if interested

Advertisement