Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nope....im lost!

Options
  • 29-09-2007 10:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

hello all,

whats the best method in connecting the following...
    1. sony kdl 40w2000u full hd lcd.
    2. Philips DVD3305 player/recorder .
    3. Ntl box.
    Ive read the manuals for each but they all seem to give conflicting advice in set up options!!!!

Any advice greatly appreciated.:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭artvandulet

I'll make a suggestion. Out from NTL box on SCART in to RGB enabled scart in on DVD recorder. Out from the RGBSCART on DVD to component video on TV(you'll need scart to "tails" for this - SCART to 5 phono, as your TV doesnt appear to have RGB enabled SCART)
    You'll need DVD on to watch TV though. But it means your set up to rec TV and watch DVD without repatching and your using the best signal.(HDMI not used here)
    ALternatively you could go NTL box into TV. But this way you'll use more cables. Out from TV - in to DVD (for recording) and out from DVD and back into TV (for watching DVDs). So I'd say the first option.:D

Or is there 2 outs on your NTL box?

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭seph

hi and thanks for suggestion. there are two scarts on ntlbox.
    one sats tv the other says vcr/aux.

I d still go with the first suggestion. Less cables and better signal with your available inputs. But thats just me.:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

i wouldnt agree with that set up.

what i would do is:

ntl box TV scart socket (set to output RGB) into scart 1 on TV

ntl box VCR scart socket to scart input on dvd recorder. (obviously, for recording)

then scart output from dvd recorder(set as RGB) to scart 2 on the TV.

you can then use each item independently.

the other way is less cables alright... by ONE scart. they only cost a tenner for a fully wired RGB scart.

my way will give you rgb quality on everything

moe

Ideally, i'd say Moe's set up is exactly what you want but your TV only has one component in and NO RGB Scart, just composite, thats why I suggested the other way. If you don't mind the difference in quality(and many don't) then use Moe's setup. If you had RGB scart in on your TV then he's bang on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭big_moe

the TV has 2 RGB Scart sockets.

moe

Oh, well in that case, bingo!:D

The spec I saw must have been wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭seph

ok, i think i have it now.....thanks lads for your time and advice, much appreciated ;)

Advertisement