Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gas boiler problem.

Options
  • 29-09-2007 10:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭

Need help badly or someone to come out and fix it.

Got a vokera boiler and it seems to be leaking at the heat exchanger. I have opened it up and the water carnt be coming from anywhere else. I see a green effect on the fins of the exchanger and a small drip from it.

Can it be fixed myself or does anyone recommend an agent near tallaght.

Thanks in advance

Jeff

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

Yep, the heat exchangers do leak after a few years, easy enough to replace but in "theory" you need a qualified gas person to do it.. I bought a Vokera exchanger from Heatmerchants in Fonthill retail park last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭IRISH RAIL

Not trying to be smart or anything but i feel really sorry for anyone with a vokera.
    they have the worst reputation you will find it hard to get someone to come out
    get the golden pages out and ring round

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Vokera are very good at looking after people here in ireland.
    Ring them directly.

I don't install Vokera's myself ,but I have the number of the engineer who works for them and they are very good at looking after customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,070 ✭✭✭ScouseMouse

Brian, you have a personal message.....

Advertisement