Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roasted, salted, Peanuts

• 29-09-2007 10:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭

My favourite is Manhattan.

KP are too hard

Tayto are too salty. Oh so salty

Kelkin are not bad

Are there others?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

nipplenuts wrote:
    Are there others?
    Are you talking about the ones you get in pubs?

Nobby's Nuts - is there a basic "salted" variety of these?

Of course, you can get Own Brand in most shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

not in pubs, DesF, but off the shelf in the kitchen. Whatever her indoors brings home. Aren't own brand ones just sweepings?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Natural Foods brand (in Supervalu) used to have nice ones. There were others I used to get in Spar but can't remember the name of them with a purple bag (foil).

Ruu wrote:
    Natural Foods brand (in Supervalu) used to have nice ones. There were others I used to get in Spar but can't remember the name of them with a purple bag (foil).

Do you miss them Ruu? What about sleep. Do you miss that? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

All the time..to both questions. :)

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 398 ✭✭Benny-c

Folks......try the TESCO own brand Dry Roasted Peanuts, yummy.....:D

Benny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

DesF wrote:
    Nobby's Nuts - is there a basic "salted" variety of these?
    Yeh, those are in the blue packet I think. I'm quite partial to the chilli ones myself (red packet) ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭sudzs

M&S do the best peanuts! :D

....a close second is Nobby's Nuts! Again the red packet!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,963 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Folks, speaking of nuts. I need someone to help me out.

A few years ago my mam bought a load of these mad things, they were nuts wrapped in a crispy coating that was more or less salt and vinegar crisps. They came in a little tub and there was a peanut guy on the tub holding a cane. I can't remember what they were called but I've been craving them ever since and can't find them anywhere, does anybody have a clue what I'm even talking about? I'm drooling just thinking about these babys :cool:

The brand is Planters.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Was it Mr. Peanut?

Mr.%20Peanut.bmp

No it wasn't Planters or mr peanut. He looked kind of like him though. There were a few flavours. The salt and vinegar came in a blue tub and there were others too and they all came in different colour tubs. The s&v were the best though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,730 ✭✭✭sudzs

D.T. Jesus wrote:
    Folks, speaking of nuts. I need someone to help me out.

A few years ago my mam bought a load of these mad things, they were nuts wrapped in a crispy coating that was more or less salt and vinegar crisps. They came in a little tub and there was a peanut guy on the tub holding a cane. I can't remember what they were called but I've been craving them ever since and can't find them anywhere, does anybody have a clue what I'm even talking about? I'm drooling just thinking about these babys :cool:

Yes, I remember them! They were fantastic, delicious things! S&V deffo the best! Only ever got them in a pub in Balbriggan around 4 years ago... and then they ran out never to be seen again. Didn't they come on a stand thing??? And have a funny feeling they were South African...???

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Sahara hot nuts FTW.... Mmmmmmm savoury :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

xzanti wrote:
    Sahara hot nuts FTW.... Mmmmmmm savoury :p

Bleugh.

What are they anyway?

Disgusting things.

sudzs wrote:
    Yes, I remember them! They were fantastic, delicious things! S&V deffo the best! Only ever got them in a pub in Balbriggan around 4 years ago... and then they ran out never to be seen again. Didn't they come on a stand thing??? And have a funny feeling they were South African...???

I'm glad someone else remembers them. I'm not sure about the stand thing. I've always asked in pubs whenever I remembered them but no luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,484 ✭✭✭JIZZLORD

Dare a friend that they cant eat a pack of peanuts without chewing, pleasant surprise for the friend the next day.

slightly unrelated but great sadistic fun.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Planters Dry Roasted, Manhattan salted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

D.T. Jesus wrote: »
    Many different brands do these. You can get them in some asian shops but they are not very cheap. I think they might be in lidl or aldi too.

rubadub wrote: »
    Many different brands do these. You can get them in some asian shops but they are not very cheap. I think they might be in lidl or aldi too.

Nice! Thanks for the info, I'll have to have a look in some of those shops and see what I can find.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

D.T. Jesus wrote: »
    Nice! Thanks for the info, I'll have to have a look in some of those shops and see what I can find.
    I saw some in my tescos last night. Beside the normal kp & tesco nuts there was a wooden shelf- like these displays a particular company puts up with only their specific products- they had all sorts of nuts and coated ones like you were looking for, looked spicy as they were red.

rubadub wrote: »
    I saw some in my tescos last night. Beside the normal kp & tesco nuts there was a wooden shelf- like these displays a particular company puts up with only their specific products- they had all sorts of nuts and coated ones like you were looking for, looked spicy as they were red.

They seems to be everywhere and nowhere at once! Thanks, I'll have a look in Tesco too.

Advertisement