Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question about results needed

Options
  • 29-09-2007 10:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

hey everyone

for the course i want to do its a minimal entry points of 320 but the average entry is 380 and there are only 40 places available

Does this mean id need to get over 380 to get a place or what smthg like 350 suffice in ur opinions :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I think it means... the person with the lowest points who got a place, got 320. So to be safe you'd want a bit over that. Average being 380 just means some people got higher than 380, some lower, but everyone got 320 or more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Xhristy

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭jaycummins

ye 350 is grand so long as a load of people with 500 points don't decide to do the course. if people with high points put the course down on their CAO and they are given a place, the minimum points will go up. so you should aim to get this years average points and you will definately get in. but a litlle below average will most likely do.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Didnt want to start a new thread but I'm curious about this one
    I intend to do commerce with chinese in UCC next year, All I know is that points were 405 and it was the first year of the course,
    I guess with word of mouth etc since its on its first year that points will go up next year (hopefully not) whats people perception on this, would you be inclined to think they would increase

Also how do you find out how many places there are available in a course?

thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 428 ✭✭Selphie

1huge1 wrote:
    Also how do you find out how many places there are available in a course?

I know the answer to this one! Check out qualifax.ie, it tells you how many places there are available. As far as new courses are concerned, it basically depends on the interest for the course. Architecture in UCC came in in 2006, brand new course, and was 500 I think. This year it was 510. Like, you could say the points for Commerce and Chinese would stay around the same, depending on how many people have it top on the CAO.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

Well thats good I guess because im aiming for around 430 and need only 405 so its unlikely to go up that much,

Thanks a lot for the help selphie

edit:check qualifax heres the course http://www.qualifax.ie/?Mainsec=courses&Subsec=course_details&ID=27684&CSH_ID=18 no mention of the number of places for the course or am I blind.

Advertisement