Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sat Nav

Options
  • 29-09-2007 10:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 267 ✭✭

Can I ask anyone what is the best Sat Nav system on the market?Even the best manufacturer so I can go looking in their range.Ive been told that Garmin are better than Tom Tom but I personally dont know!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭mathias

Rather than the actual manufacturer ( they are all capable enough machines ) what you need to be watching out for is the maps they use.

There are 3 main map suppliers that I know of , Route66 , Teleatlas, and Navteq ,

For Ireland , the only one with good coverage outside dublin is Navteq , Teleatlas are supposed to have 99% coverage with an update thats out this month , Route 66 I dont know about.

Now , most Garmins use Navteq , so if you want good coverage over all of Ireland then Garmin is the one to go for , If your just interested in Dublin then a Teleatlas mapped satnav will do.

By the way , the navman ( the cheapest one on the market ) uses teleatlas and only covers Dublin. Outside dublin all you see are the main N and M roads , pathetic really !

And keep in mind that updates are not free , they are around 75 euros a year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭sunny2004

Advertisement