Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Halo save problems?

• 29-09-2007 10:54pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭

Really enjoying Halo so far.

Just finished the level
    and am leaving the flood invested ship having got back Cortona

Yeah!

Until the console announces that the disc is unreadable. Please clean disc. Now, this is funny cos (as is detailed in another thread) I ordered the limited edition and I received scratched to sh*t. So, now that I've sorted out that I can send that back to sendit, I went out and bought the standard edition in Tesco. Perfect disc. It went from the box straight into the console.

So bam - but no problem, my progress is saved!

Isn't it?

No - it wasn't. Restarting and selecting continue campaign leaves me where I was an hour ago. Right before a really awkward bit.

Thing is, I'm really enjoying the game. :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

I just checked the achievements list at http://www.xbox360achievements.org/achievements.php?gameID=274

I've lost an entire f**king level of the campaign. The achievement doesn't unlock till after the cutscene at the end of the level. Halo crashed before it had a time to register.

Why the hell would I lose all the save games right back though???!?!?

Sigh

I'm going for a beer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

I had a similar issue much earlier in the game. Was playing the 3rd Level and I ran ahead of the rest of the troops without doing a certain thing. Things seemed to go a bit funny from then onwards and I couldn't get much further. So next time I loaded the game I said I'd back track to a certain point to check things out. Anyway, the svaed game also had me way back in the level even though I had tripped about 2 or 3 later checkpoints. Didn't mind too much as it resolved the dodgy issue I was having previously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,747 ✭✭✭✭wes

It seems to only save checkpoints if you use the save and quit option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,393 ✭✭✭✭Vegeta

What's the story with co-op?

Can you say complete level 1 and 2 alone, then have a friend join you for level 3 and then continue on alone again?

Played co-op the other night with a friend and when I loaded up the game (to carry on alone) I was right back where I started before co-op

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,876 ✭✭✭✭astrofool

Activating checkpoints can be a bit hit and miss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Another warning :

Dont bring your Hardrive to your mates house to continue your campaign, I did and it corrupted my game save and it wont work at all now, Bungie are said to be "aware of the problem"

I had to delete my progress and start again!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

funny, i came on this morning to post the same thing. I learnt the hard way, there is no autosave option. So even though i unlocked a few achievement for progressing, because I didnt "save and quit", i was flung back a few levels when i booted her up.

Also the co-op multiplayer doesnt seem to have any relevence to single player, progress isnt kept.

needless to say, i was mighty pi$$ed off! from now on, i save after every level.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭mcgovern

I got caught out by this as well, accepted an invite for a multiplayer game thinking "Sure I just got a checkpoint there, can go back to it later", but when I went back it put me back to my last Save and Exit a level and a half back :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

ok it gets worse. my game save is corrupted and i did nothing to corrupt it. all my save data is gone so if i want to play campaign i have to go back to the start. Im fricking :mad: right now, thats ridiculous. Im going to email those clowns in bungie.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,699 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Happened to me at one point too. Went to continue single player game and it threw me back a level and a half. Luckily I was able to change back to the actual level through the campaign menu, but an hours worth of progress and checkpoints was wasted :( I remember having the same problem with Halo 2 at one point - all the more annoying because it was that dreadful Library level. Must be a consistent problem with the Halo save system.

Also noticed the somewhat inconsistent save points - think you had to walk right past a certain trigger to set some of them off, or kill most of the larger enemies in any particular earlier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭F-Stop

I've been getting Disc Unreadable Errors all the way through. The game is unplayable as it happens at the end of every level - the only way I can play it is co-op when someone else loads the level, and this doesn't always work. Tried two discs, neither worked for me, both worked in a friend's console. All other games are fine. Bungie have just acknowledged the problem. Anyone else having trouble with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

F-Stop wrote:
    I've been getting Disc Unreadable Errors all the way through. The game is unplayable as it happens at the end of every level
    Have you tried turning the xbox on without a disc inserted, then inserting it when the dashboard has fully loaded?
    It seems to be the undocumented workaround for those bloody "Disc Unreadable" errors... (it worked for me when I was having the same problem with 2 other brand new games)

My CE copy finally arrived in the post today, but of course the disc was rattling around loose inside the box and was covered in scratches...
    surprisingly it actually plays alright though, I've finished the first 3 levels without any problems... (including having to play through almost all of the third level again thanks to the stupid save system:mad:)

ok i have scoured the bungie site, put a post up on the xbox site and nothing. eerie silence! Ridiculous!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

i had a problem where I did use the Save and Quit option and then when returning I found myself at a previous point. I was actually well into the next level but it didn't seem to "remember" that. having said that playing some levels again make it MUCH easier.

Advertisement