Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Random Ramblings About UL Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Oh I know they'd laugh at me..that's why I said 'personally.'

Dvd night in for a first/second date..god no! As cson said it more of a down the line kinda thing.

No matter what their figure..I couldn't name one of my friends who would strip down and go swimming on a first/second date!!
    Edit:/ I'd have no problem getting into a wetsuit for some kayaking or whatever..less naked!

But they're all personal likes/dislikes..your girl might be different.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

cson wrote: »
    @ bluedolphin: Don't knock the racing unless you've tried it!
    I have. Races are not my thing. At all. Partially because I hate gambling and I'm not a better of any sort. And it wasn't the guy's fault - I was with him for almost 2 years! So it literally was the racing that was the un-enjoyable part. :p
    @ Fast_Mover: You're out on your own with the match idea. I guarantee you 75% of women you suggest that to will laugh at you. Thats why I like the other 25% better :p

I wouldn't be completely adverse to it; I'd prefer a match to the races! And especially if it was tickets to see the Saracens game next Saturday... Anyone wanna take me?! :o
    Right, scratch the Bunratty thing too, I was running out of ideas. But the swimming? I've done a couple of times like so I can't understand the aversion to it here!
    No, no swimming.
    Fast_Mover wrote: »
    No matter what their figure..I couldn't name one of my friends who would strip down and go swimming on a first/second date!!
    Edit:/ I'd have no problem getting into a wetsuit for some kayaking or whatever..less naked!

+1 on everything she said :)

I'd have no probably going swimming after a while of being with someone, but not a chance near the start. It's grand if you're just friends with the people, but when it's a blossoming partnership nottachanceluv.

Partially because I hate gambling and I'm not a better of any sort.
    Im not a better either, but whenever go to the dogs/races (once in a very very blue moon) I'd push the boat out and put €1 on each way!:cool:
    Otherwise it would be boring and have no interest in watching..
    I wouldn't be completely adverse to it; I'd prefer a match to the races! And especially if it was tickets to see the
    Yeah, I'd take the match over the races aswell.

No, no swimming.
    What is it with lads, don't they get no means no?!
    I'd have no problem going swimming after a while of being with someone, but not a chance near the start. It's grand if you're just friends with the people, but when it's a blossoming partnership nottachanceluv.
    +1 on everything she said :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Yeah, I'd take the match over the races aswell.

A match eh?!
    I like a good match, sitting in front of the tv with a cold beer :p

No doesnt always mean no though..

Well if it's Champions League etc I'v no problem staying in, drinking and watching it!
    No beer for me tho..yuck!! I'l have my bottle of vino!

• Advertisement

A CL lover :D
    Good stuff....as long as you are not supporting any of tonights teams...that'd be a deal breaker there now

Nope, neither a Liverpool or Chelsea supporter.

Besides, I duno what's going on in your head, but there was no deals of any sort been made, therefore cannot be broken.
    Remember..No means no!! :D

Damn it, one last try and shot down again :(

I'm glad u dont support either liverpool or chelsea.
    But now I'm intrigued as to who you do support....Something inside is telling me that its Aston Villa, or Arsenal

Clue: Tomorrow nights CL fixture will have more of my interest..

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Good god, what have I started :p

Hmm, I know you're prolly older and wiser than me Mossin but the best advice I can give you for a venue for a first/second date is.... be different. If you stay away from the mainstream cinema stuff (and hold onto the night in + dvd option for later down the line) you should prolly get a 3rd and 4th and 5th date :)

You could probably kick for touch and go with the cinema or dinner, but thats no fun. Not to me anyway. Go buy two tix to Des Bishop if you can afford it (~€30 each) and take a stroll out towards Cappavilla apres theatre ;)

• Advertisement

F_M I'm so glad that you said that, it has rekindled my fading hopes...oh wait no means no! ;)

CSON, im a little older perhaps, but by no means a lot wiser I'd say, if I was I wouldnt have asked for all the help would I?

I still havent plucked up the courage to ask her out again yet, but when I do, probably after a pint or two, I'll be thinking of all the advice given here. :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Desperation :pac:
    take a stroll out towards Cappavilla apres theatre ;)

A romantic kiss by the muddy banks of the shannon! You dog you!

Theres a trusty gem of advice that we saw back where I'm from; If you can't lift her, don't shift her :pac:

Ah no, seriously you only get one life buddy don't be a passenger and don't have any regrets. whats the worst that'll happen - she'll say no? Go for it! :)

Debating whether or not to go to Icon tonight as a last nite out before exams... If we go by the Preacher cson's rhetoric above, we should go out. But the reasonable man would study.

Decisions, decisions...:(

Peteee wrote: »
    Desperation :pac:

I was thinking more along the lines of romantic swim....

Oh wait... No means No doens't it :(

Peteee wrote: »

Thats a bit presumptious ;)

I'm a little shy in real life, although people dont believe me when I say that.

CSON, dont go out tonight, stay in, and go out tomorrow and gate crash my work night out, a load of drunken Intel employees and loads of co-ops too. :D

Mossin wrote: »
    F_M I'm so glad that you said that, it has rekindled my fading hopes...

Oh great! Your a Barcelona supporter too?!!:D

Ouch burnt there :mad:
    Touché good woman

Mossin wrote: »
    work night out, a load of drunken Intel employees and loads of co-ops too. :D

Good god, where did I leave my morals... :p

As much as it pains me to say it, ManYoo should hockey Barcelona. Even with Leo Messi back :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

blah blah blah....morals

morals - snigger

You probably abandoned them long ago, just like the rest of us (large generalisation may not apply to everybody). Welcome to the Dark Side cson.

I got a reason to go out now. We've to wake Barry.

He was a barrier that we took home with us. And they took him away, the bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I'll throw my goats beard back into the ring again.

Wrt the dvd idea, remember I'm a tad older than you youngins and tend not to be up.to.date. with the goings-on of kids these days so forgive me.
    I almost suggsted bingo ffs :(

The cinema idea I think might result in just an 'okay' date tbph. I'd be a tad wary.

The thing about being different is good tho. I myself have a good solid 4 weeks to go and think of something completely off the wall to do when I get back and try it as a surprise and hope I get a favourable reply!

Make sure its my version of different now kai and not yours :eek:

*gets armour on for witty put down* :pac:

kaimera wrote: »
    I almost suggsted bingo ffs :(
    Bingo could be fun!! Chance of making money..then head onto pub with winnings!:D
    The cinema idea I think might result in just an 'okay' date tbph. I'd be a tad wary.!
    I dunno how people go here for a first date..I mean we're not 14 or whatever..You cant talk to the person what so ever. It annoys me when people talk in the cinema, it's not the place..go outside!
    Fair enough if ye went to the pub before hand for a few hours,got to know each other were relaxed in each others company then headed there..things are less awkward inside there.
    Oh, did I forget to mention I hate people scoring inside in the cinema aswell..feck off somewhere more private!
    The thing about being different is good tho. I myself have a good solid 4 weeks to go and think of something completely off the wall to do when I get back and try it as a surprise and hope I get a favourable reply!
    Go on a double date with the bro!;):D

I dunno how people go here for a first date..I mean we're not 14 or whatever..You cant talk to the person what so ever. It annoys me when people talk in the cinema, it's not the place..go outside!
    Fair enough if ye went to the pub before hand for a few hours,got to know each other were relaxed in each others company then headed there..things are less awkward inside there.
    Oh, did I forget to mention I hate people scoring inside in the cinema aswell..feck off somewhere more private!

Go on a double date with the bro!;):D
    Yeah I agree about the cinema which is why I sorta suggested a dvd. It can be paused and whatnot and you can talk over it if needed.

And what bro ? :confused:
    I'm not in LIM anymore...

Yeah I agree about the cinema which is why I sorta suggested a dvd. It can be paused and whatnot and you can talk over it if needed.
    But hardly on a first date..I mean, I'm not gonna traipse around to a guy I hardly knows house. Better in a mutal setting. Besides theres the problem of the guy usually having housemates.
    And what bro ? :confused:
    Don't pull that one on me.

Don't pull that one on me.
    Now now, careful now :pac:

Down with that sort thing. :pac:

Down with that sort thing. :pac:
    Back in yore armour you, I'll be back to sort you out :P

/grabs the popcorn...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

What's going on?

+1 for the bingo as well!

F_M, it'd appear we'd make a great couple! (Apart from the whole difference of opinion on races though...but we'll get over that one :))

+1 for DVD over cinema as well. Cinema is sucky for a date; place to go when you want to see a particular film instead, imo.

Advertisement