Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Random Ramblings About UL Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Yes, but my point is that I managed to quote you before you had edited, thus ninja-ed my way in there and grabbed the mistake! :p

....JUST LET ME BE A NINJA GODDAMNIT! :pac:
    cookie? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Yes, but my point is that I managed to quote you before you had edited, thus ninja-ed my way in there and grabbed the mistake! :p

....JUST LET ME BE A NINJA GODDAMNIT! :pac:

See you found yore evil twin ninja younger sister on baybo then? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

kaimera wrote: »
    cookie? :p
    You can't placate me with my own diversionary devices! :p
    cson wrote: »
    See you found yore evil twin ninja younger sister on baybo then? :pac:

The other Aoife Breen? Yeah, she found me. Was slighted weirded out by the whole thing. rolleyes.gif

The other Aoife Breen? Yeah, she found me. Was slighted weirded out by the whole thing. rolleyes.gif

Meh, its common enough. I've like 3 evil twins on Bebo.

Hmmm, but if theres 3 then maybe there not evil twins :eek:

cson wrote: »
    Meh, its common enough. I've like 3 evil twins on Bebo.

Hmmm, but if theres 3 then maybe there not evil twins :eek:

Oh Cson, I'm so disappointed in you. I thought you were better than that!

"if there are 3" (technically, should be the word 'three' rather than the number, but I'll let you off on that one).

But that's not your worst crime.

"They're not evil twins"

*sigh*

I had such hope for you. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Oh Cson, I'm so disappointed in you. I thought you were better than that!

"if there are 3" (technically, should be the word 'three' rather than the number, but I'll let you off on that one).

But that's not your worst crime.

"They're not evil twins"

*sigh*

I had such hope for you. :(

You're missing the point here.

If he has 3 people, it's evil triplets not evil twins.

Peteee wrote: »
    You're missing the point here.

If he has 3 people, it's evil triplets not evil twins.

Yes, but he realised that himself. :p I'm more concerned about his grammar; or distinct lack thereof.

Feck yiz all, I'm off to trooms :pac:

I'm having my last exam today.

I feel weird. Not because of the exam itself, but because it's my last one. I've been in 'the murder machine' for nigh on 17 years and it's all just going to end this evening. I feel somewhat exposed.

What the hell am I to do with myself?

I feel an awful lot of thumb-twiddling lies ahead. I'm not even 22 yet. I do not feel 'grown-up'. I do not feel like having responsibility or starting a pension. Ever. Will I grow out of those sentiments? Will I wake up some morning in the future thinking, "Ooh! I must investigate pension funds" and be excited about it? Will I relish in the thought of being accountable for stuff? I hate the prospect of never seeing banks open again, of living for evenings and weekends, of having to plan stuff around holidays...actually, of having to plan stuff in general. I fear that I may become 'settled' in a routine, doing the same bloody thing everyday Monday to Friday and then actually having a life outside working hours.

And then if you do something - anything - that isn't your average, crappy boring office job, people wonder when you're going to start a 'real' job, when you're going to get on the career horse and canter your way to the end? What the hell is wrong with getting on a pogo-stick and boinging your merry way along the route of life, bouncing off for a while, walking some and then jumping back on?

Damn society.

It's just dawned on me: wtf is the point if all you're going to do is work to survive, or worse survive to work?!? That's not living; that's just existing.

:eek:

I'm sorry if this post depresses you. I'm imploding at present. The cyclical routine of most lives intimidates me. And no this is not a PI: it doesn't involve finding out if someone likes me back, duh.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Here's a hug and a cookie BD

• Advertisement

Mossin wrote: »
    Here's a hug and a cookie BD

Why is this cookie soft? Is this one of the ones I gave you last week? Mossin................................. :pac:

lmao :D

God I am easily amused at times :p

Sorry about that, I'll give you a fresh cookie in person to cheer you up

Yaay real fresh cookie!

Yeah, feeling a bit existentialistic at the moment. It'll pass. I'm sure. With cookies. I should probably be cramming rather than pondering the meaning of life. Damn, I wish it was a political philosophy exam: I'd feckin' ace it with the mood I'm in. :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Here, have a digestive with nutella on it from me. I'm poor ;)

I'd say I must be the only one who can't wait to finish college and be out of here. I love college and all but I'm a bit domesticated at this point and just want to set up home and have a proper 9 -5 job. I have a feeling next year will be different. Now that I'm actually starting to get to know people it'll be a lot harder to leave methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

I'm having my last exam today.

I feel weird. Not because of the exam itself, but because it's my last one. I've been in 'the murder machine' for nigh on 17 years and it's all just going to end this evening. I feel somewhat exposed.

What the hell am I to do with myself?

I feel an awful lot of thumb-twiddling lies ahead. I'm not even 22 yet. I do not feel 'grown-up'. I do not feel like having responsibility or starting a pension. Ever. Will I grow out of those sentiments? Will I wake up some morning in the future thinking, "Ooh! I must investigate pension funds" and be excited about it? Will I relish in the thought of being accountable for stuff? I hate the prospect of never seeing banks open again, of living for evenings and weekends, of having to plan stuff around holidays...actually, of having to plan stuff in general. I fear that I may become 'settled' in a routine, doing the same bloody thing everyday Monday to Friday and then actually having a life outside working hours.

And then if you do something - anything - that isn't your average, crappy boring office job, people wonder when you're going to start a 'real' job, when you're going to get on the career horse and canter your way to the end? What the hell is wrong with getting on a pogo-stick and boinging your merry way along the route of life, bouncing off for a while, walking some and then jumping back on?

Damn society.

It's just dawned on me: wtf is the point if all you're going to do is work to survive, or worse survive to work?!? That's not living; that's just existing.

:eek:

I'm sorry if this post depresses you. I'm imploding at present. The cyclical routine of most lives intimidates me. And no this is not a PI: it doesn't involve finding out if someone likes me back, duh.
    +1

Quoted to show my shear level of horror at having to be a real person from next monday (though my J1 will probably put that off for a small bit longer!)

Oh and BD thanks for all that J1 info, it will come in handy. I have my first weeks accomadation booked. Lets hope I find a house in that time (a job would be handy too of coarse!). And ya I am 21. I wouldnt even consider going otherwise. I spent enough time as an underager I dont need to do it again!

Ye are all beginning to make me feel old...
    ye are going to be graduating at 21 and 22 yrs old...
    yes peteee, rmcm, otacon, i know ye were too, but i was the same age as ye then, I didnt notice it much

But I'm 23 now in 3rd year, and I'll be 24 when I graduate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

A friend of mine is graduating age 28. Your not that old!

I know the Don and Kaimera were older than I'll be when they graduated, and I know others, but I still hate seeing younger people having to head out into the world before me...Like I said it makes me feel old :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

Mossin wrote: »
    I know the Don and Kaimera were older than I'll be when they graduated, and I know others, but I still hate seeing younger people having to head out into the world before me...Like I said it makes me feel old :(

I don't know what I would have done if I had graduated at 21. I'm glad I took my time (to mature) and experience the wider world. If I could do it again i'd do it the same way (except for meeting rmacm that is :p).

Your as young as you feel. And Pete I didn't say your as young as "what" you feel so stay away from those 14yr olds.:p;)

The Don and Mature in the same sentence :eek: ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

I feel awfully young to be graduating at 20..:(

Though by the ages of some of ye I still have time to do another degree course (or 2!:D)

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    I feel awfully young to be graduating at 20..:(

Though by the ages of some of ye I still have time to do another degree course (or 2!:D)

Graduating.

20. :eek:

We're you going to Primary School while you were still in the womb or what?!

My course is only three years shur!

..I feel cheated!;(

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    My course is only three years shur!

..I feel cheated!;(

So you should, it's not a real degree if it's less then 4 years!

Its probably a diploma!

You can use LIT diploma's to park in handicapped spaces. Seemingly.

So you should, it's not a real degree if it's less then 4 years!

Its probably a diploma!
    So you're telling me my B.Ed with a concurrent B.A in German are actually diplomas?!:eek:

:rolleyes:

Its probably a diploma!
    So you're telling me my B.Ed with a concurrent B.A in German are actually diplomas?!

I was trying to say that if it were 3 years it might be a diploma. But I see that it is a degree!

I stand by my elitist remark about 3 year degrees :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

The Don wrote: »
    I don't know what I would have done if I had graduated at 21. I'm glad I took my time (to mature) and experience the wider world. If I could do it again i'd do it the same way (except for meeting rmacm that is :p).

As much as it pains me to say it I agree with Brian, there's something to be said for perhaps having some time to mature, work and experience the world outside of education before graduating. I suppose co-op is slightly geared toward doing this.

Granted your maturity level is questionable at times :p
    The Don wrote: »
    Your (You're (You are)) as young as what (who) you feel.

Fixed that for you.

So...umm...that's it!

Right, now to find something to do until I can retire...

If anyone's interested in unofficial BULBs tonight, come to the Stables...I'll be there in about an hour :D

• Advertisement

I was trying to say that if it were 3 years it might be a diploma.
    I did not get 500 and odd points in my leaving cert/waste three years of my life in a very limited populated male college to get a diploma believe me!!

BTW: Congrats BD on finishing!:)

Advertisement