Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Random Ramblings About UL Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

kaimera wrote: »
    pics or gtfo!!

Again, no camera. :rolleyes:

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

klong wrote: »
    More to the point...how? Metatarsal is a footballers injury, didn't see much of that on Monday night :pac:

A metatarsal injury can also be a basketball injury, as I famously found out one July morn, as I danced around like a little girl after landing awkwardly on my big toe.

Lesson to learn: Wear shoes while placing balls into baskets

pics or gtfo!!

Photographic proof of my injury. :o:(:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

It's gone so quiet around the UL board....Everyone still alive and well?! No broken bones or anything?!:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Alive anyway, well, probably not I'll see how I feel later.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    It's gone so quiet around the UL board....Everyone still alive and well?! No broken bones or anything?!:p
    All the wasters have gone hoem to mammy after the exams.

I see a quiet summer ahead for me :)

Prolly do some spring cleaning on the forum and add to the biki

Alive but, alas, still broken.

I believe some people have gone to pastures far away and greener and others have just been reunited with Mammy.

+1 on the quiet summer.

And now I believe the alumni far outnumber students on this board...

Alive but, alas, still broken.

I believe some people have gone to pastures far away and greener and others have just been reunited with Mammy.

+1 on the quiet summer.

And now I believe the alumni far outnumber students on this board...
    Yore not really alumni until you get a proper job...not a cushy PPoh position ;) :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

I have done neither. Kilkenny isn't far away or greener (maybe Medievaler?) and my room in Mum's has already been converted to a guest room. I only moved out on Tuesday!!!

Anyone going to be in Kilkenny for the Cat Laughs? I'm gonna miss it, stoopid work.

ergonomics wrote: »
    I have done neither. Kilkenny isn't far away or greener (maybe Medievaler?) and my room in Mum's has already been converted to a guest room. I only moved out on Tuesday!!!

I wasn't gone a week and my bedroom was converted to an office/storage room.
    Anyone going to be in Kilkenny for the Cat Laughs? I'm gonna miss it, stoopid work.

Cat Laughs? (Comedy festival of some nature perhaps?). No probably not, I've always been a little frightened of Kilkenny so I try and limit my contact with the entire county.

Just in case I've managed to offend anyone from Kilkenny with that post, there are entire countries that I'd prefer didn't exist so there are places I dislike more than Kilkenny.

• Advertisement

It's a very famous comedy festival! May I ask what is so frightening about Kilkenny? We do have an abundance of goths but they aren't that scary, just mopey.

It's a very famous comedy festival! May I ask what is so frightening about Kilkenny? We do have an abundance of goths but they aren't that scary, just mopey.

It's not the goths anyway, although I didn't really notice any goths last time I was there. I've never been able to put my finger on it, just think of it as one of those irrational fears that there's no explanation for. Oh and one or two people who've managed to draw my ire upon themselves live in or come from Kilkenny so that may have some bearing on it too.

I understand. TBH, I don't love Kilkenny myself. I wasn't born here so my heart is elsewhere. Even thought it's a very large town there's a real small village mentality about the place and everyone knows everyone's business. And I find it very cliquey.

Can't say I'v ever been to Kilkenny. That shall change this summer tho since it's on our list of places to head for the weekend.

Do let me know if you're around at all. I give good tours apparently of the pubs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

Im alive (and packing for California im leaving tomorrow WOHOO:D:D)

cooperguy wrote: »
    Im alive (and packing for California im leaving tomorrow WOHOO:D:D)
    Whissssst you!!:mad:

Edit: Just browsing the UL Biki there and I'm not liking the Tag line 'The college LIT & MaryI wish they were'.
    As the official Ambassador of Mary I on this board (Thanks BD for the title!) I call for it to be rectified! Last time I checked, we get our degrees from UL. Lets not have a vendetta against Mary I..shur without the place alot of UL lads wouldn't be scoring!:D
    And now...LIT-boo boo!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

I'm still around UL...well, until the end of June anyways

Whissssst you!!:mad:

Edit: Just browsing the UL Biki there and I'm not liking the Tag line 'The college LIT & MaryI wish they were'.
    As the official Ambassador of Mary I on this board (Thanks BD for the title!) I call for it to be rectified! Last time I checked, we get our degrees from UL. Lets not have a vendetta against Mary I..shur without the place alot of UL lads wouldn't be scoring!:D
    And now...LIT-boo boo!!!!!
    :pac:

Took ya long enough to whinge about it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

I'm still about UL for the summer, the joys of co-op allow it :rolleyes:

As for alive, just about today...stupid jameson saturday :(...great game though :)

• Advertisement

These are apparently done by UL students....
    Just near my gaff in CC too..

Limerick Uncovered

Part 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjDJOjVg8Cg

Part 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nCjn1JtHFEs&feature=related

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

New York Moroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo .. :d :d :d :d

Nutty wrote: »
    New York Moroooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo Wohooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo .. :d :d :d :d
    pics or gtfo!

I need to lay my hands on a Prospectus 2008/2009...
    Anybody any ideas on where I can get one??
    I cant seem to find it on the UL Website...

Mossin wrote: »
    I need to lay my hands on a Prospectus 2008/2009...
    Anybody any ideas on where I can get one??
    I cant seem to find it on the UL Website...
    Ehh...careers office?

or down around that area anyway iirc

Ehh...careers office?

or down around that area anyway iirc

U have to remember that I'm on co-op, and most of those offices will be closed by the time I get home each evening :(

There are a few shelves with stuff on them though....worth a look this evening I suppose

Took ya long enough to whinge about it :)
    Well now that I have can we please have it changed..
    Mossin wrote: »
    I need to lay my hands on a Prospectus 2008/2009
    Thinking of a new career?! 28/graduating..not to old I suppose!:D

Lol :)

Its not for me, its for a foreign student on co-op with me...she is looking for the prospectus
    I'm thinking of doing another degree when I graduate from this one anyways :pac:

The joys of the wiki!

• Advertisement

I know that..but I still can't change the tagline..it doesn't say edit anywhere in the box. Now I know it's probably something starring me in the face..but I can't see it/don't know how to go about it as I'm not a nerd!

Advertisement