Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Random Ramblings About UL Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    I know that..but I still can't change the tagline..it doesn't say edit anywhere in the box. Now I know it's probably something starring me in the face..but I can't see it/don't know how to go about it as I'm not a nerd!
    You have to click the 'Edit' tab at the top of the biki page to edit any of the page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Oh good grief..I have come across the 'edit' parts all over the page, but there doesn't seem to be one specifically for the tagline thingy..just be a good boy and do it, doesn't look as if you're doing anything else.

Oh good grief..I have come across the 'edit' parts all over the page, but there doesn't seem to be one specifically for the tagline thingy..just be a good boy and do it, doesn't look as if you're doing anything else.
    there is a template at the start of the edit page for that whole section on the page.
    It's got the mods, category and whatnot.

looks thru it to find the tagline.

it's in the frist 10-12 lines I'd say. cba checking to be sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Kai, in all fairness, for the amount of explaining that was required wouldn't it have been easier to do it yoreself? Frikkin' obstinateness. :rolleyes:

And F_M, what's this about a bullock?! :pac:

Kai, in all fairness, for the amount of explaining that was required wouldn't it have been easier to do it yoreself? Frikkin' obstinateness. :rolleyes:

Yes but I'm sure that her being a teacher and all she appreciates the whole learning yourself malarky.

If I did it myself it defeats the learning process. :)

• Advertisement

Exactly!! Besides..he's shite at explaining which didn't help matters!
    :D..completely forgot about that!
    kaimera wrote: »
    Yes but I'm sure that her being a teacher and all she appreciates the whole learning yourself malarky.

If I did it myself it defeats the learning process. :)
    Oh shut up you..I'm a cool teacher so I'm all for short cuts and what not!! Now just be a good little boy and fix it..i'l give you a gold star..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭boobookitty

Hi, I'm just wondering what UL is like. I was thinking of doing History, Politics, Sociology and Social Studies. Is it good? I heard you get to travel :)

Ok, I like my school, I have a lot of friends however they are all going to UCC/ trade work and I'm scared. Will I be on my own in UL for the next 4 years? Are people friendly there? Are there a lot of clubs etc? (I figure it's the best way to make friends)

I'm really nervous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Post pics and us ex-HPSS bods will tell all...

Enough with the pics pissyboy...Go buy a magazine if you that desperate!:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Oi oi Fast_Mover now that I have your attention.

First of all, get yourself an account on the Biki, unfortunately it doesn't use the boards.ie database to process logins so you'll have to create a new account on the Biki web site. An easy task to accomplish hell even I can do it.

Then go to the UL Biki page, it's not that hard to find.

Then:

first.png

Followed by:

second.png

I don't think I can put it in any simpler terms than that. Before anyone asks, no I haven't been drinking and no this post is not meant to come across in a condescending manner even though it will probably look like that.

Oh and then click the Save Page button, it's hidden there somewhere under my attempt at writing with the paint brush tool in Photoshop.

• Advertisement

hahaha..your post has me in stiches here!! Legend!:D
    A+ to rmacm! F to Kaimera!

Edit: Don't worry I'll send on the gold star as promised! :)

Edit: Don't worry I'll send on the gold star as promised! :)

Glad I could be of service. You can buy me a pint sometime, or else just give me the gold star.

For all that effort/laughter..I'll defo shout you a pint when I'm up in Dublin come September!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

Hi, I'm just wondering what UL is like. I was thinking of doing History, Politics, Sociology and Social Studies. Is it good? I heard you get to travel :)

Ok, I like my school, I have a lot of friends however they are all going to UCC/ trade work and I'm scared. Will I be on my own in UL for the next 4 years? Are people friendly there? Are there a lot of clubs etc? (I figure it's the best way to make friends)

I'm really nervous.

Hello,
    It's the same as all walks of life - some great people, some not so nice but the campus is big enough to get away from them! :) Certainly join clubs (and societies) - there are LOADS!

If you are living on campus you are sorted for meeting people too between housemates, their friends and just random parties (or people you see around often)...Also, post here - sometimes "BULBS" organised (a beers meeting basically).

On the first day, try to talk to the orientation group a bit or people you sit beside at the start - the campus seems overwhelming but don't worry - it gets so much easier! And most of all, have fun!

🤪

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Enough with the pics pissyboy...Go buy a magazine if you that desperate!:pac:

Rawr! Someone's cranky tonight! Not get enough attention as a child?

What are you implying? I just said pictures, didn't say what of! :rolleyes:

klong wrote: »
    Rawr! Someone's cranky tonight! Not get enough attention as a child?
    How did what I say imply that I could be cranky?! Anyway don't worry I won't hold a grudge against you esp as I know you're a wee bit embarrassed about the incident!:D

Excuse the pun!:pac:

I'm really nervous.

No you probably won't be alone, your friends won't be all that far away either it's not as if you'll have to travel thousands of kilometers to see them. As has been said to a lot of people who've asked similar questions to you on here college is what you make of it. You can either have a ****e time or a good time. Join a few clubs/societies (there's lots), go to some of the BULBS (you might even get to meet some of us strange alumni folk at some stage), get involved in the activities around campus and you'll make friends and have a good time.
    For all that effort/laughter..I'll defo shout you a pint when I'm up in Dublin come September!

Goodie :)
    klong wrote: »
    What are you implying? I just said pictures, didn't say what of! :rolleyes:

One of these perhaps?

gnome.jpg

Boobookitty, check this thread for some info on HPSS. If you still have some questions, give me a shout. I've just finished it. Sniff. Don't mind klong, he's out of it ages and now a stuffy law student :pac:. From what I can tell, you're going in with the right attitude, too. If you're willing to make friends then you will in UL. Clubs and societies are a really good way of making friends and meeting people with similar interests. You'll have plenty of opportunities to join one. Alternatively, [pimp]write for the student newspaper[/pimp], become a class rep, do something to get involved and you will make loads of friends. :)

A1 to rmacm's explanation; F to kai. :pac: Much clearer. Kai, yore useless. Hurrah for Rory!

*yawn*

tl;cba tbph :)

I do enjoy yore photoshoppage rory. Altho tbqh a PM to her would have sufficed :)

Also if she'd taken just a moment to search boards.ie she'd have found her answer, but as usual, the 'woman' had to ask the man for help :)

A1 to rmacm's explanation; F to kai. :pac: Much clearer. Kai, yore useless. Hurrah for Rory!

Hmm, lets just compare shall we?
    me wrote:
    rory wrote:
    you'll have to create a new account on the Biki web site.

1 for 1.
    me wrote:
    You have to click the 'Edit' tab at the top of the biki page to edit any of the page
    rory wrote:
    HURR Click me

Looks like an Edit button to me

2 for 2
    me wrote:
    there is a template at the start of the edit page for that whole section on the page.
    It's got the mods, category and whatnot.

looks thru it to find the tagline.
    rory wrote:
    This is what you need to edit

Now unless I'm mistaken {which clearly I'm not}, right there in the screenshot it has <! -- Begin board template -- > like I said.

oh, and look there, a line called TAGLINE.

*hmph*

3 for 3.

So using logic simple enough for you females {nice to see the backing.each.other.up contines} the explinations are the same.

I feel bad for rory having to get out diagrams just for the girls tho. Even a guy{?} like cson could have followed mine and have the tagline edited.

=> cson > F_M

• Advertisement

oh, and FAIL on yore own entry Eeeff.

Aside from doing it yerself, you managed to put it in wrong.

The downside to having the biki open to everyone I guess :rolleyes:

=> cson > F_M
    :eek:
    TAKE THAT BACK!
    I'm a much cooler girl then him!:(

Im a visual learner=> Rorys diagrams helped. All I saw with your explainations was text..boring!!! Zzzzzzz

PS: No need to go all defensive..breathe!:)

:eek:
    TAKE THAT BACK!
    I'm a much cooler girl then him!:(

Im a visual learner=> Rorys diagrams helped. All I saw with your explainations was text..boring!!! Zzzzzzz

PS: No need to go all defensive..breathe!:)
    Aww look at that; up before 9am!

I think the normal catchphrase "pics or gtfo" is required here to one can decide who is the cooler girl :)

You learn my seeing/watching eh? Interesting.. :pac:

Aw isn't he so cute when he's in a huff?! *tickles kai*

Aw isn't he so cute when he's in a huff?! *tickles kai*
    now now, the last time I was in a 'huff' I broke my door and my bedroom wall so believe me I'm not in a huff :)

but thank you both for conceeding and me winning :pac:

but thank you both for conceeding and me winning :pac:

Sure I did. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,475 ✭✭✭✭cson

Time to pull the choke out on this thread agin methinks. Hard to believe its almost a year since I wrote it.

I've never been to the lodge so often in a week... Funniest thing I've done this week is serenading a lady friend in the lodge smoking area with this song;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGOohBytKTU

Classy I know :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

Anyone know if there are any restrictions on the village networks? Eg, poker sites, can they be accessed from UL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

cson wrote: »
    Time to pull the choke out on this thread agin methinks. Hard to believe its almost a year since I wrote it.

I've never been to the lodge so often in a week... Funniest thing I've done this week is serenading a lady friend in the lodge smoking area with this song;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WGOohBytKTU

Classy I know :P

Flight of the Conchords, kudos

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 661 ✭✭✭dK1NG

dK1NG wrote: »
    Anyone know if there are any restrictions on the village networks? Eg, poker sites, can they be accessed from UL?

Anyone got any idea on this? :confused:

Advertisement