Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Random Ramblings About UL Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Funkstard wrote: »
    That's the thing. Weather is ****e, no one's going out. I'm ****ing sick of living in Thomond and of that bollocking bridge!

So get drink, go back to Thomond and get absolutely unwalkably ossified there....not that I'm condoning that sort of behaviour:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

That's the thing. Weather is ****e, no one's going out. I'm ****ing sick of living in Thomond and of that bollocking bridge!

Stop complaining and go and get **** faced anyway. You don't need others to get **** faced with you can do it on your own if needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭The Don

rmacm wrote: »
    Stop complaining and go and get **** faced anyway. You don't need others to get **** faced with you can do it on your own if needs be.

rmacm was half way through a Jameson when he posted that, as usual.:):p

100 posts.........finally

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

rmacm wrote: »

:rolleyes: There, there... :rolleyes:
    The Don wrote: »
    100 posts.........finally
    Congratulations ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Now where's that mad face.... oh there it is :mad:

I've just been informed that the reason my Thursdays and Fridays (esp Fridays 9-6 ffs) are so rotten is because of walk-out Wednesday last semester.

Hulk angry! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

cson wrote: »
    Now where's that mad face.... oh there it is :mad:

I've just been informed that the reason my Thursdays and Fridays (esp Fridays 9-6 ffs) are so rotten is because of walk-out Wednesday last semester.

Hulk angry! :mad:

HAHA...No, thats a bit harsh. That sucks quite a bit to be honest.

But Friday 9-6 wont last long, nothing ever really goes past 3 on a Friday.
    And if you are really peeved by it, do something about it, and re-arrange your tutorials to suit yourself, there are bound to be more suitable slots to fill.

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Cardinal

Who didn't see this coming? That walk out was a load of ****. When did people think the extra classes were going to end up being held? Magical fun time?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

cson wrote:
    Now where's that mad face.... oh there it is:mad:

Ya when I saw my shity friday I knew walk out wednesday had "worked". But what did people expect? We only have 2 lectures per module and 1 lab. Either the college would do nothing or move the lectures to the other free half day they were'nt about to cancel lectures! We were told that was what would happen by Don Barry aswell. He said in the meeting he had with class reps council "If ye want to go around with T-shirts saying walk out Wednesday then ill have to walk around with one that says stay in Fridays

Luckily I am in a small course and we get on fairly well with the lecturers in our department so we were able to just ask our lecturers to move the lectures so we ar now off at 2pm instead of 4pm on a friday:D If any of the rest of ye are in small classes try ask the lecturer if there is another time that suits both ye and him during the week and find a empty room.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

whoop for small class no college tuesdays r wednesday adn non for fridays for a few weeks :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Ok, I was on Erasmus last semester so I missed this walk out thing, but I'm assuming it was a protest to classes being held on a Wednesday evening. So can someone explain to me why I am in from 2 -4 on a Wednesday and until 6 on a Friday? Why am I getting the short straw from something I wasn't even involved in?

• Advertisement

Rejiggered the timetable to suit myself. They can go and ****e if they think I'm staying in til 6 on a Friday. Even if you must attend your assigned tutorial.

I had to grudgingly hough up 30 yoyo's for one of those bitches in the SAA office yesterday. Apparently you have to register for each semester, which was all well and good but I couldn't get into my results (which is how you register afaik), I had to get them off the SAA office and the nice people they are, they never fooking mentioned a bit about registering when I was getting those results. Despite my protestations that my modules are fixed anyway, and my troubles with the system the horrible bitch charged my the 30 quid anyway. I hope she gets the clap. :mad:

Rejiggered the timetable to suit myself. They can go and ****e if they think I'm staying in til 6 on a Friday. Even if you must attend your assigned tutorial.

I had to grudgingly hough up 30 yoyo's for one of those bitches in the SAA office yesterday. Apparently you have to register for each semester, which was all well and good but I couldn't get into my results (which is how you register afaik), I had to get them off the SAA office and the nice people they are, they never fooking mentioned a bit about registering when I was getting those results. Despite my protestations that my modules are fixed anyway, and my troubles with the system the horrible bitch charged my the 30 quid anyway. I hope she gets the clap. :mad:

Good job re-jigging the timetable, 6 o'clock on a friday is just a joke anyways!!

As for the €30 you had to pay, I'm just going to LOL at you. :p:p

Despite my protestations that my modules are fixed anyway, and my troubles with the system the horrible bitch charged my the 30 quid anyway. I hope she gets the clap. :mad:
    Make a big enough deal about it and say you tried to register but the system wouldnt let you and they will leave you off

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

cornbb wrote: »
    Some random memories of UL:

- Mini breakfasts in the Paddocks
    - Free finger food on friday evenings in the Scholars
    - Some guy randomly shouting "Jesuuuuuuuus!" at the top of his lungs in the library and getting lead away by security
    - Bushrunning (don't ask)
    - Out of tune pianos in the C block
    - Dropping bouncy balls from the top floor of the CSIS into the atrium
    - Catching couples shagging in the Jonathan Swift, twice
    - Drunkenly sending "net send" messages to technophobes in the Vax labs, telling them to log off, and watching them log off :D
    - ****e coffee, beer and music in the Stables
    - Watching everyone go ecstatic over The Frames for the fourth time in one year

Shagging in the johnaton swift...WTF

What year was this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

Why is my email down again? Why?

Why is my email down again? Why?

Hmm, I donno - but mines down too - Looks like the ICT boys are at it again - the internet was up and down a little here in thomond throughout the day!!!

And - Not to mention people in cappa being assigned ip addresses in the thomond area - kinda random being able to listen to shared itunes from a different village!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

mines working grand... netwrk in college today though was dodgy .. it was down for a good ten minutes at least at one stage

Nutty wrote: »
    mines working grand... netwrk in college today though was dodgy .. it was down for a good ten minutes at least at one stage

Maybe twas just bebo then - but i'm pretty sure it wasn't just bebo - the student records site's been down for weeks now - and we had a lecture cancelled in csg01 cos the projector wouldn't work!

IT guys really need to get their act together

Why isn't Bebo banned in the Library et al? Anytime I've been on Library Computers to do some printing at least 50% of the people on the PCs are on Bebo. Nearly every Uni has it banned too.

Why isn't Bebo banned in the Library et al? Anytime I've been on Library Computers to do some printing at least 50% of the people on the PCs are on Bebo. Nearly every Uni has it banned too.

Just as well...IMO

I reckon if they tried to ban it they'd probably end up causing major network problems due to additional network hardware/software required + ICT use mostly dell hardware which isn't known for being the best gear you can buy from the start - In my dads place we have 3 hp servers and they've being running for 3yrs without a problem!!!

• Advertisement

Email was fixed about an hour ago - tis down again!!!

digiking wrote: »
    Just as well...IMO

I reckon if they tried to ban it they'd probably end up causing major network problems due to additional network hardware/software required + ICT use mostly dell hardware which isn't known for being the best gear you can buy from the start - In my dads place we have 3 hp servers and they've being running for 3yrs without a problem!!!

Meh, I just get annoyed when I've to queue for a PC to do something College related, like printing, when half the people on the PCs are on Bebo. :mad:

They could always just allocate one row of pc's for bebo/facebook etc

• Registered Users Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

I wouldn't think it would be unreasonable for people with real work to do to have priority over the PCs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Ah the annual bebo bitching.

They could always just allocate one row of pc's for bebo/facebook etc

I think that it possibly the stupidest thing I have ever read to be honest.
    I wouldn't think it would be unreasonable for people with real work to do to have priority over the PCs.

That is what is supposed to happen, if you see someone on Bebo etc, when you arelooking for a free computer to do "real work" then you should complain to someone in charge.
    kaimera wrote: »
    Ah the annual bebo bitching.

Ah sure ya couldnt live without it!

Meh, I just get annoyed when I've to queue for a PC to do something College related, like printing, when half the people on the PCs are on Bebo. :mad:
    You could always use your imagination and go to a computer room that isnt in the library there is loads of them! Or just ask someone in charge for a PC to do your work on.

Mossin wrote: »
    I think that it possibly the stupidest thing I have ever read to be honest.

Well, You're entitled to your opinion - well look at it this way - if you weren't using these particular computers - then you run the risk of having you account disabled and a fine to re-enable it!!!

You must be one of those bebo people so then!!!

Well, You're entitled to your opinion - well look at it this way - if you weren't using these particular computers - then you run the risk of having you account disabled and a fine to re-enable it!!!

You must be one of those bebo people so then!!!

I am by no means one of those bebo people!! By far the opposite!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Just as well...IMO

For one it would require a trivial amount of effort to block bebo (One line of code and you'd block it for non-technical users, theres an easy work around, but most people dont know about it) at least for the most part, and would require absolutely no additional network hardware or software (In fact it would be the opposite, no one checking bebo would cause a drop in traffic and network utilisation)

Secondly, Dell hardware is pretty damn good. Some of the lower end consumer stuff is a bit shoddy, but their servers and stuff are pretty top notch. Nevermind the fact that the HP servers in your dads place is probably using the exact same stuff inside. The routers and stuff are probably Cisco gear, which is pretty much the gold standard in that department

Advertisement