Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Random Ramblings About UL Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

On 3 year old HP servers.. Hmmm

We put in a new virtualisation server with 4 quad core Xeons and 32GB RAM.. I think you would be ok with something like that.Its running 20 Windows 2003 server machines on it at the moment. Just a complete test LAN to test stuff.

I am sure it depends on your VOIP solution of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

Ginger wrote: »
    On 3 year old HP servers.. Hmmm

We put in a new virtualisation server with 4 quad core Xeons and 32GB RAM.. I think you would be ok with something like that.Its running 20 Windows 2003 server machines on it at the moment. Just a complete test LAN to test stuff.

I am sure it depends on your VOIP solution of course.

Ok - With that sort of specs it would definately work - what are you using as the host os? And how much did that thing cost if you don't mind me asking

Windows 2003 Datacenter edition 64Bit. Means all Virtualisation OS licences are free as they are covered under the Datacenter licence. Cost of the server was in the region of 6K i think from Dell..

Included 2 146GB 15K SAS drives .. but it does have access to a SAN as well.

We got a preferred rate from Dell because of the amount of business we do with them

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭digiking

Thats quite reasonable so about 8k i suppose for your average business...and how muc is data center edition?

Still a hell of a lot cheaper than buying 10severs!!!

Like the 15k drives they definately make a difference - i'm one of these people who's lucky enough to have a macbook pro with a 7200rpm drive which really makes audio and video work easier and faster.

Expensive.. lets just say that.. About 3K i think if not more.. and I am not sure if its per processor..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Mossin wrote: »
    We shall have to wait until we meet you to confirm this. ;)
    Well...I admit I lied. I'm not really that big at all. At least physically. In fact, petite might be a more appropriate term. :o
    kaimera wrote: »
    Get in line newb.
    Now, now gentlemen...
    cooperguy wrote: »
    She is the only (fucking) person hopping around on a fin with a blueish tinge how could you have missed her round campus up until now:D
    Fair point. Sometimes I go in camouflage though. Sometimes.
    Touché good sir...

Maybe if she turned up to a BULBS I may have made her acquaintance before now!! ;) :rolleyes:
    I will be at the next BULBS without fail. I hereby pledge to make an appearance. Pending my availability of course, but it will take priority. :)
    rmacm wrote: »
    I didn't think she was that kind of girl although now that you mention it.

Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

God I do not like being back. The realisation that I've done **** all for the last 9 weeks to the point that I couldn't remember the name of one of my lecturers last night... Well its safe to say that unless one removes the finger fairly lively and works like a mad badger for the next 6 weeks my time at UL could be no more. Perhaps I should configure net nanny to block boards.....:eek:

Now I must go to a tutorial that I've done absolutely nothing for. In fact I think this is the first tutorial of this particular module I'll have been to. :eek:

Hmm, the faeces will be hitting a rotary air conditioning machine pretty soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

cson wrote: »
    Now I must go to a tutorial that I've done absolutely nothing for. In fact I think this is the first tutorial of this particular module I'll have been to. :eek:
    Almost as bad as the time I went to a Lecture in week 11 and realised when I walked in that I had never been in the room before:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

God I do not like being back.
    Will have that feeling come Monday. But for now I shall enjoy my week off!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    Will have that feeling come Monday. But for now I shall enjoy my week off!:D
    hey look everybody F_M is still alive :pac:

• Advertisement

No, it's all an illusion!!:p

Oh no.... Not this again...:eek:

*books appointment for vet* :p

You obviously haven't meet the luverly Ms_Mover ;) :pac:

You obviously haven't meet the luverly Ms_Mover ;) :pac:

No I haven't had the, erm, pleasure?

Damn right it's a pleasure!!:D

So when's the next BULBS happening considering I wasn't personally invited to the last one? Ye cut me deep, lads. Ye cut me real deep!:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Why on earth would you need to book an appointment for the vet :confused:

I wouldn't exactly call it a pleasure now :p

Why on earth would you need to book an appointment for the vet :confused:

Well you see Rory, when animals get in heat one generally brings them to the vet to ahem *remove* the aforementioned heat. And Kaimera I mean my cat, is in heat.

I wouldn't exactly call it a pleasure now :p

OoO so she's a fan of the sandpaper hand shandies then? I can tolerate the grade 2 stuff myself but anything over grade 2 is uncomfortable. To say the least. :pac:

And Kaimera I mean my cat, is in heat.

I'd figured that's what you were getting at alright.
    OoO so she's a fan of the sandpaper hand shandies then? I can tolerate the grade 2 stuff myself but anything over grade 2 is uncomfortable. To say the least. :pac:

I've no idea if F_M is a fan of hand shandies of any kind but I'm sure she'll enlighten us all at some stage.

Jaysus lads, how did this thread deteriorate into such filth?!
    For shame..tut tut! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

F_M you have met Rory and Kai before, so I cant see how you could be shocked ;):p

• Advertisement

cson started it....I never drag threads off topic/into filth :p.

/me sits back and waits for the numerous examples of where I have done to flood in.

Hey! Theres nothing filthy about any of that!

What a man and a woman and a horse do in the privacy of their own house is completely natural. :cool:

F_M you have met Rory and Kai before, so I cant see how you could be shocked ;):p
    Harsh. It wasn't me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Harsh. It wasn't me.

Meh, with all the online flirtation of recent times on this forum, I just kinda assumed it was you...As for Rory well......................

Meh, with all the online flirtation of recent times on this forum, I just kinda assumed it was you...As for Rory well......................

What I'm expected to be one that lowers the tone of every conversation now am I :p

What I'm expected to be one that lowers the tone of every conversation now am I :p
    No expected at all rory.

It's a given. :pac:

Anyone have a clue as to what the fook is going on with the University road? They've ploughed it out of it for what exactly??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

That the road you come on to when coming out the East gate?

I dunno what the **** is going on there. There is now streetlamps placed directly onto tarmacadam, about 2 metres in from the edge of the footpath. No idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

Anyone have a clue as to what the fook is going on with the University road? They've ploughed it out of it for what exactly??
    Fun. :p
    Funkstard wrote: »
    That the road you come on to when coming out the East gate?

I dunno what the **** is going on there. There is now streetlamps placed directly onto tarmacadam, about 2 metres in from the edge of the footpath. No idea.

Limerick Co Co love creating hassle. Now if only they'd put a pedestrian crossing up by Groody...

In fairness though, that road did need resurfacing: it was a joke. Although they could have a job at the road going into Elm Park as well, and the road going into Curragh Buirín... Anyone get stuck in that crater? (And crater is not an exaggeration: it's a bloody massive hole!)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,587 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

the road going into Curragh Buirín... Anyone get stuck in that crater? (And crater is not an exaggeration: it's a bloody massive hole!)
    I live there, and I blame 2 slow punctures and a battered exhaust on that pothole. Its been there for too long, but they're probably afraid to do anything with it since there is construction going on right beside it.

Advertisement