Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Random Ramblings About UL Thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

ergonomics wrote: »
    aoife2k?

You'll not find me in the stables!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 14,467 ✭✭✭✭cson

Stop hijacking my thread ye bastards!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Or what...huh huh?!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭bluedolphin

cson wrote: »

You're just jealous cos Klong/FM and Mossin/Corkette are going on a double date and the fact that your next target [Rineanna] turned out to be male! :p:D

Hang on now a minute, I never remember agreeing to any date let alone a double date!
    I insist that cson take my place! Im sure he'll have no objections! :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭ergonomics

Sorry to change the subject but I need a cry. My car got broken into and I'm totally freaked out. Stupid Limerick and stupid Brookfield and stupid living in this stupid flat on my own.

Sorry to change the subject but I need a cry. My car got broken into and I'm totally freaked out. Stupid Limerick and stupid Brookfield and stupid living in this stupid flat on my own.

*hug*

That's nasty all right. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Bummer, unfortunately it happens far more than it should happen. Security in Brookfield were always a bit crap. Is there any CCTV in the car parks there?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

That is bad. Make sure u report it to reception and see if they have tapes etc. You have the power of boards behind you!

You're just jealous cos Klong/FM and Mossin/Corkette are going on a double date and the fact that your next target [Rineanna] turned out to be male! :p:D

I categorically deny any accusations of jealousy. As previously stated, I'm off drinking and womanising for an indefinite period of time. Drinking makes cson do regrettable stuff and womanising... Well women are far too complicated for my fragile mind.

• Advertisement

cooperguy wrote: »
    That is bad. Make sure u report it to receptionand see if they have tapes etc. You have the power of boards behind you!

First thing I did. They were so unhelpful and basically told me to call the guards and washed their hands of it. After pressing I found out that the cameras only record 4 spaces of a 20 space car park and despite the fact that they advertise 24 security, it's anything but. I'm going to the manager tomorrow, although I doubt they'll do anything.

I'm more freaked out that I'm living alone. I know it's a lot easier to get into the car than an apartment but my personal space is invaded and it's a horrible feeling. Also very frustrated that I can't even move the car to a safer space until I get it fix because the ignition is completely pulled out.

Thanks everyone for the support though!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

The mod goes to Iran and ye have the run of the place! This thread seems to have bought all the women out of the woodword.

/me takes notes

As Rory pointed out, the security in Brookfield was always a bit shoddy. Sorry to hear bout yer car.

First thing I did. They were so unhelpful and basically told me to call the guards and washed their hands of it. After pressing I found out that the cameras only record 4 spaces of a 20 space car park and despite the fact that they advertise 24 security, it's anything but. I'm going to the manager tomorrow, although I doubt they'll do anything.

http://www.brookfieldcastletroy.com/project_team.asp

That page might be of some use to you. You should be able to get the phone number of the management company from there (not just the village manager). If they're advertising 24 hour security + cctv and not providing it then they should be pulled up on it.
    I'm more freaked out that I'm living alone. I know it's a lot easier to get into the car than an apartment but my personal space is invaded and it's a horrible feeling.

This is often the worst part of having your house/car broken into the idea of someone invading your space/privacy in that manner is far worse than anything that may have been taken or damaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Peteee wrote: »
    The mod goes to Iran and ye have the run of the place! This thread seems to have bought all the women out of the woodword.

/me takes notes

Perfect opportunity to make a pre-exams beers availability enquiry then...

First off..sorry to hear about your car ergo, hope your feeling bit better!
    Secondly..who's gone to Iran? Kai or Scep?
    Thirdly..what's with me shorting everyones user name in this post?
    Forthly..is there gonna be a next beers with all the workload/exams atm?
    Fifthly..whoooo, just finished a 5000word research project. More like a flipping fyp or something, but that was the assessment for one of my many many many many classes! Damn slave drivers.
    Lastly..Ich muss Deutch von jetzt sprechen..damn mundlich prufung Morgen!:( Viel Gluck zu mir! Ahhh keine umlauts auf meiner Laptop!

Fast_Mover wrote: »
    Secondly..who's gone to Iran? Kai or Scep?

kaimera is gone to Iran. We work for a cruel master who would send us to such dark places.
    Lastly..Ich muss Deutch von jetzt sprechen..damn mundlich prufung Morgen!:( Viel Gluck zu mir! Ahhh keine umlauts auf meiner Laptop!

If that means what I think it means then, Hals und Beinbruch!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peteee

Fast_Mover, kai's gone to Iran. He doesn't like Ireland anymore, and decided to start life an new in a far flug sandy place that likes to demean women, so he should fit in well... of course he left his entire estate to me, including mod of the forum...
    Lastly..Ich muss Deutch von jetzt sprechen..damn mundlich prufung Morgen! Viel Gluck zu mir! Ahhh keine umlauts auf meiner Laptop!

I've no idea how to get umlauts, but good luck in your oral! :pac:

Edit: Beaten like a red headed step child.

I've no idea how to get umlauts, but good luck in your oral! :pac:

http://www.fileformat.info/tip/microsoft/enter_unicode.htm

There you go, to find the correct Hex code for the character you want see below.

Windows Key + R and then type charmap.exe and find the character you want. In the bottom left of the window you'll find the alt + <hex number> information you need.

I'll stop now because those dark memories from my days as a Localisation Engineer are returning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭Mossin

Ahh perhaps you'd like to take Corkette out instead?!:)

Maybe I will :) But it still doesnt conceal the fact that you have won a date with me ;)
    Corkette wrote: »
    Wow! A whole convo about little ol' me! :)

Wouldn't call myself a regular poster though!

It brightened up my day yesterday. We dont mind how often you post.
    aoife2k wrote: »
    You'll not find me in the stables!:p

And why not???
    cson wrote: »

I will do as I please thank you very much :p It has been more interesting on here when we alter the thread.
    Hang on now a minute, I never remember agreeing to any date let alone a double date!
    I insist that cson take my place! Im sure he'll have no objections! :D

Dont take the double date then, take my offer..........Although a double date with cson and klong with myself and corkette sounds appealing.

That sucks, my comiserations to you. I hope you can get something sorted out.

/me takes notes

All it takes is me to bring out some women :p I wish!! :cool:
    I'll bet that Kai will be keeping an eye on this forum somehow...

rmacm wrote: »
    http://www.fileformat.info/tip/microsoft/enter_unicode.htm
    Windows Key + R and then type charmap.exe and find the character you want. In the bottom left of the window you'll find the alt + <hex number> information you need.
    Thanks for that Rory, however I wont be typing or speaking German again in my life after today

...oh wait, Iv two German essays due in two weeks time! *sigh*:(
    Mossin wrote: »
    Maybe I will :) But it still doesnt conceal the fact that you have won a date with me ;)

Well I wouldn't have answered if I'd of known what the prize was!!:pac:

Dont take the double date then, take my offer..........!
    Again, refer to above comment! :D

• Advertisement

Well I wouldn't have answered if I'd of known what the prize was!!:pac:

Again, refer to above comment! :D

That was very harsh....What if Corkette was to read that...What impression of me would she take :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

/me strokes freshly grown muslim beard...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 699 ✭✭✭aoife2k

Oh nooooooo! What block are you in? I'm in Brookie too and comin back in January (after 2 years away) and I was sooo worried about the car being broken into/stolen. The security here is crap, no sign of them when... my flatmate's sister was over visiting for a few days, locked the bedroom door when she was leaving to meet her in college and the sister flew back to sweden with her key!!! She tried ringing the 'emergency' number on the door of reception and it went straight to an 086 voicemail for the whole evening....some emergency number eh!?!

Call over for tea if you're feeling lonely.....:D

I would almost take you up on that aoife2k! I'm in block 7 and had to recruit some stong men to push my car up to reception last night so it would be slightly safer! Keep an eye out for a tow truck in the next while. That'll be my car, off to car hospital. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

I forgot to add, whatwith all theis e.flirting and boardsie dating schtuff, I demand pics else it didn't happen.

I'm tired of all the false promises here :(

kaimera wrote: »
    I forgot to add, whatwith all theis e.flirting and boardsie dating schtuff, I demand pics else it didn't happen.

Why would you want pics of other people dating? Hmmm...

What false promises!!! I think Fast_Mover is categorically not promising anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

rmacm wrote: »
    http://www.brookfieldcastletroy.com/project_team.asp

That page might be of some use to you. You should be able to get the phone number of the management company from there (not just the village manager). If they're advertising 24 hour security + cctv and not providing it then they should be pulled up on it.
    Definatly pull the manager on the lack of security and make it clear to him that you will be going over his head to the managment company if you dont get some sort of satisfaction.

Its been a long week in work, and I need something other than www.match.com to find a date :p

Also, it makes a change from you being the one doing all the flirting on here doesnt it!!

As for pics...you just have to take my word for it :cool:

Also, it makes a change from you being the one doing all the flirting on here doesnt it!!
    ROFL! :D

• Advertisement

Not so nice when the boot is on the other foot, is it? :p

Advertisement