Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Word of warning about the X-fi Auzentech Prelude 7.1

Options
  • 30-09-2007 1:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭

Yea so here am I thinking I would really like an X-fi sound card but as I hear so much about bad drivers and sound probs with those of us running Vista and/or 4GB ram I said to myself it's best to hold off until the Auzentech came out.

So I went and got myself a Auzentech Prelude 7.1 the other day as this card uses the X-fi chipset and has the 64MB RAM on board but apart from that is a much better card in every way with Dolby Digital live (driver update pending) for one! ... BUT no sooner did I have it in my PC I got all the classic sings and that bad feeling that yes I'm sorry to say it comes with all the probs of the Creative cards too. It uses a Creative driver and I hope to GOD Creative give them a chance to write their own as we all know how crap they are at doing it. The card popped and crackled all night long and only turning the analog on saved me from standing on the thing! I got it for the 5.1 DDL output but it's looking like I wont get to use it now. :(

Bottom line is If you have a Nvidia chipset on your mobo dont get this card also if your running Vista 64 with 4GB ram I would avoid this card at least until new drivers come out... having said that I know people who have sound issues on the X-fi going back two years that have yet to be fixed...

Nope going to get rid of this card and get the new Asus, looks hot!

Thanks for reading.

Advertisement