Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fox A-Z

• 30-09-2007 9:21am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭

A lot of you guys do a hell of a lot of fox shooting and looking at 17Rem's most recent picture in the hunting thread I am very impressed!! Is there a good book that will go through fox shooting from A-Z. Id love to know more about it and exactly how you go about it from the time you leave the car to the time you get back in, avec fox!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭.243

"foxing with lamp and rifle" by robert bucknell,he is the b.a.s.c rep in england on fox control,you name it,its in this book.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭J.R.

The Warrener series of videos / DVD's on Fox Shooting can also provide some useful info - you can see him in action lamping foxes how to use lamp, calls, wind, safe backdrop, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,271 ✭✭✭✭johngalway

.243 wrote:
    "foxing with lamp and rifle" by robert bucknell,he is the b.a.s.c rep in england on fox control,you name it,its in this book.

What .243 said.

I've bought the warreners stuff as well, entertaining on first viewing but over expensive and little valuable content. Nothing there that's not in the book to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 77 ✭✭sounder

johngalway wrote:
    What .243 said.

I've bought the warreners stuff as well, entertaining on first viewing but over expensive and little valuable content. Nothing there that's not in the book to be honest.
    i know u learn abit from book and video's but there must be someone near you that does lamp.you learn more out in the field with help it's.it's safer cheers sounder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭alan123

Thanks guys, Ill check out the book then look to bum along with someone.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

alan123 wrote:
    Thanks guys, Ill check out the book then look to bum along with someone.

Alan,

If you are in the Cork area, then you are welcome to join myself and the buddy on a night shoot.

TJ911...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 491 ✭✭alan123

Cool. Thanks.

Advertisement