Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paid deposit but room not avail now, with less than 12hours notice!!!!

Options
  • 30-09-2007 10:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭

just need to went here so sorry in advance..

Broke up with my boyf 2wks ago and as we live together, the search began for a new abode. I was delighted to find a place straight away and paid a deposit on it at the time. I was supposed to be moving into todayTHEN I get a txt at 2.30am from the landlady saying she? has decided not to rent the place as she's going travelling in 2months!!!! what?!! Then she has the cheek to tell me its ok because I have 2wks left in this place. I don't though! I told the landlord we'd be out this wkend, now I have to call him and hope to god he hasn't got someone for the place. We are technically paid up 'til the end of the month so really he should let me stay on til then shouldn't he? I hope so! We gave him a months notice, and we are paid up til the 27th, except when he asked I told him I'd be out this wkend.

We're breaking a lease and still getting our deposit back so he's a sound guy, hoping he'll let me stay on til end of the mth.

Anyhow, she's text me this morning saying she's genuinely sorry etc, I just text back to tell her she broke a verbal agreement and its completely unacceptable. She is transferring the deposit back to my account today.

God I'm FURIOUS!!!!!

I knew I had a niggling doubt about the place the whole time.

Now its back to square one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

sorry for your trouble op, that really sucks. But dont rush into the first new place you find. Hopefully your able to stay where you are til you find a new place. At least that way you will have time to find a place that is right for you and look a few different place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,660 ✭✭✭G86

he just called me, said its grand to stay til the 27th, I'm delighted!

As well as that I'm going to see a place tomorrow n Rathmines for just 300 hundred a mth!!I was paying 600 for the other place!!

..its small..but the girl who called was lovely. Sound people are more important to me than the size of the room.

AND the landlord has said he won't be viewing the place til we move out which is brilliant, less hassle :)

thank god its kinda sorted! I've replied to 12ads so bound to get something.

Sorry for the rant!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,445 ✭✭✭jd83

thats good now you have a month to shop around, hope you find some place good!

Advertisement