Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Top Gear is back

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭CarLover

Can't really understand all the TG begrudgers. I think the format is top notch. I get a little bored with long drawn out Tractor trials like they had last series...but the rapport between the three of them makes even this watchable.

Still my favourite TV show by a long way. Thought the episode last night was funny...and whilst I agree that having guests like Helen Mirren, who have no interest in cars, is kinda pointless it still provides for some funny moments, like Jezza's pillock comments about Hammond.

Predictable = what works people! There's a reason the viewership is so high...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I was quite amused with the modification of J. MAY to KNOB on the side of the Aston :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Agreed, CarLover. Enjoyed the 5th Gear slagging too.

And that road, dear jumping jebus in a tin hat...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

I thought it was excellent too, I really enjoy the banter between the lads, the constant piss-taking of James, etc... whether its staged or not, its still damn funny IMO! They have the greatest jobs in the world!

And the scenery was unreal... they really spare no expense when it comes to the exotic locations and cinematography. Near Spielberg-like production!

Oh, I agree the guest in the reasonably-priced-car segment usually bores me too, so I switched over to the Premiership / Rugby while that was going on!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

Top Gear has its place, but there seems to be a lack of programs about regular cars for regular people. I won't be able to afford an Aston Martin for a couple of years, so I'd like to know about more normal cars that are withing my aspirational limits...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Bluefoam wrote:
    Top Gear has its place, but there seems to be a lack of programs about regular cars for regular people. I won't be able to afford an Aston Martin for a couple of years, so I'd like to know about more normal cars that are withing my aspirational limits...

But all that information is readily available on the net. That's why the old format Top Gear died a slow painful death.
    I'm sure there are people who want to know the luggage space and number of cup-holders in the new 1.1L GM Boredstrom, vs the latest 1.2L Gagasheeta turbodiesel, but thats not gonna pull in 8million viewers anymore.

I'll stick with supercars going sideways.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,441 ✭✭✭JoeA3

They deliberately avoid talking about the more mundane stuff... Clarkson quickly showed a picture of some new humdrum Opel/Vauxhall last night in the news section, and immediately said "ok, lets move on!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 447 ✭✭siralfalot

JoeA3 wrote:
    They deliberately avoid talking about the more mundane stuff... Clarkson quickly showed a picture of some new humdrum Opel/Vauxhall last night in the news section, and immediately said "ok, lets move on!"
    quite the way it should be :D
    we see enough boring sh1tboxes on the road without watching them on the TV as well :rolleyes: :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 146 ✭✭CarLover

Bluefoam wrote:

Fifth Gear and Auto Trader.

I hope to god TG never goes back to talking about regular cars. It'll die a death if it does.

Incidentally...the only part that bores me is the guest segment. I just really don't care...but enough people must that it's still there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

I love it, but its more of a comedy rather than a show about cars.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,340 ✭✭✭Cmar-Ireland

I suppose if you think of TG as an entertainment programme featuring cars then it probably the best out there. As a motoring show it's not so good. Still, I looking forward to watching the repeat on Wednesday evening!

What channels are 5th gear and Auto Trader on?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

kilasser wrote:
    Repeat Wednesday @ 7pm on BBC 2.

Doesn't seem to be on.

here you go, seen it last night

first two in list
    http://youtube.com/results?search_query=top+gear+serios+10

Advertisement