Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LeavingCert Appeals

Options
  • 30-09-2007 11:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭

Hey jus wonderin does any1 kno when the appeals results come out?
    Ive tried lookin it up but im not gettin any definite dates.
    Im only gettin early or mid october?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭D. Coughlan

10th of October, i believe, i am waiting on three appeals.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,179 ✭✭✭FunkZ

That's fairly late seeing as college has already started?

Suppose it is, can't do much about it, it takes 5 weeks to correct all the appeals again, like

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Jane1012

yea i was guessin it wld b around the tenth but i heard yesterday off sum1 who thinks its the 4th.... its very late cause im settled and all into another course now so dont kno wat to do if i get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

You can defer for a year and start it next year instead,and have a year off.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 missyteabags

Its so annoying that they don't tell us when the results are coming out, I even rang up the SEC last week and all I could get out of them was the first or second week in Oct.

I think last years came out on the 12th so around the 10th this year seems like a wise estimate.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Its so annoying that they don't tell us when the results are coming out, I even rang up the SEC last week and all I could get out of them was the first or second week in Oct.

I think last years came out on the 12th so around the 10th this year seems like a wise estimate.
    So you don't think it's good that they give you the results as soon as they can? They could just say that the results are out on the 30th? Would that make you happier?

was talkin to the SEC the results will b out on the 8th 9th and 10th of october

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 poppyflower

I thought they'd all be sent on the Wednesday. Did they tell you how you will know which day you'll get yours? Or do we just have to wait and see???

nah they sed its depends on ur school or something so im going up 2 my school today to find out

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 poppyflower

Did ya hear anymore on that erinser?????

yea i asked my school and they sed all they knew it was next week but not what day n when they found out they wld let me kno... there notverywell informed

any1 get their appeals yet??

• Registered Users Posts: 19 raver22

Nah not yet, hopefully 2mrw tho :)

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

Do we ring the school or what?

Do we ring the school or what?
    Not too sure, they should be on the internet by 12 if you still have the pin, i say it would be more likely that the results will be sent out at some point

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

Not too sure, they should be on the internet by 12 if you still have the pin, i say it would be more likely that the results will be sent out at some point

Does anybody know for certain if the appeal results are out tomorrow?
    I tried the online service and simply got a message saying the results are out on the 15th of August:confused:

Out this morning all right, 2,000 upgrades out of 10,000 appeals, don't have time to post the link but it's on the Irish independent in the education section

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

More than 2,000 results in this year's Leaving Cert exams have reportedly been upgraded after appeals.

Reports this morning say figures from the State Examinations Commission show more than 5,500 people lodged appeals against more than 10,000 grades.

The results of the appeals will be available today either through schools or via the www.examinations.ie website.

Anyone who wants to view their re-marked papers must apply to do so by the end of the week.

Nothing on SEC site yet....

Results on examinations.ie at 12, according to the website

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

I'm away from home, so my PIN is there. I'll ring school a bit later. But it looks like I'm going nowhere if only 2,000/10,000 have been upgraded. How many went down out of curiosity?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ~flammable~

I went up by 5 points yay! so i have the minimum points for dentistry in tcd but its on random selection...

so does anyone know what happens next?? does the cao send offers again or do i have to ring up the college myself ???

please let me know...im confused!

I went up by 15 points yay!! the CAO offers will b out on Friday mornin i think! Does any1 wanna go to DCU nw that they got their appeals??

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭dublin 16 lad

Where did all of you's find your appeal results?

the school rang me and gave them to me

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

What does it mean if i have a star (*) beside the grade??

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It means there is a supplementary report. This means there may have been an element missing (such as project work or an oral) or it could mean that there was a 'reasonable accommodation' made for spelling/grammar etc. The supplementary report which should be attached or on the back of the result sheet will say what the circumstances were.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭sternn

it wasnt on my first results page....it was on my results page on the internet today...the subject that I got rechecked. It gives no explaination...but the grade hasn't changed yet...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

The supplemental may say it was changed on a recheck, I don't know, but it definitely indicates there is additional information about the grade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

My history went up, the 2 others stayed the same. So now I'm 10 points off, but I don't care anymore.

Advertisement