Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LeavingCert Appeals

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,794 ✭✭✭JC 2K3

w00t, up to an A1 in Maths, so 580 now...

That doesn't feel good enough to have been worth applying for a recheck, but I'll take it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭Jane1012

i got into DCU woo woo

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Got the C3 in French now. Knew it'd happen, marking was crap on it. Makes no difference to college anyway. Only happiness from me is the €37 I get back:D

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    w00t, up to an A1 in Maths, so 580 now...

That doesn't feel good enough to have been worth applying for a recheck, but I'll take it anyway.

Why send it back when you had your course??

I didnt go up.....5 points off my number one!! Bummer!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 ~flammable~

did anyone else get offers today?? they were posted out yesterday so maybe we wont get them til monday...argh more stress!

• Advertisement

lilmizzme wrote: »
    Why send it back when you had your course??
    Well I was 1 mark off an A1 and a question was marked incorrectly, and in the heat of the moment, I acted in an entirely hypocritical and egotistical manner and agreed with my maths teacher to get it rechecked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭*belle*

your dead right anyway!
    i mean you deserved that A1 so why not get it checked!
    you never know you might actually need those extra points!!
    i went up in physics ,woo hoo !!
    its a bit of a disaster ,it takes so long to get them back.....

• Registered Users Posts: 478 ✭✭GretchenWieners

I didn't go up, 10points off my course but it could be a blessing in disguise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 poppyflower

Is there anything you can do if you're still sure you deserve more than you got in a paper? I know you can view the re-checked paper, but can you get it checked again or is there anyway of appealing the result again. A previous state examiner told there were lots of marks there in the original correction that I did'nt get, but I didn't get upgraded on the appeal? Any advice?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,149 ✭✭✭ZorbaTehZ

Well if it really was a former state examiner, then do get it rechecked. SD123 made reference to in another thread, about how you need to travel to Athlone if you want to get a second re-check.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭MathsManiac

You can go to Athlone to view the post-appeal script and see what the appeal examiner had to say about the points you raised.

If you're not happy that the appeal was conducted properly, you can seek to refer the matter to the Independent Appeals Scrutineers. Ultimately you could take it to the government ombudsman. The scrutineers can't re-mark your script, but they will investigate whether everthing was done right. See http://www.examinations.ie/index.php?l=en&mc=ca&sc=gu

• Registered Users Posts: 446 ✭✭lilmizzme

JC 2K3 wrote: »
    Well I was 1 mark off an A1 and a question was marked incorrectly, and in the heat of the moment, I acted in an entirely hypocritical and egotistical manner and agreed with my maths teacher to get it rechecked.

yeh but like you didnt need the points...why not just leave it, it dosent really matter in the long term if you got an A1 or an A2

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭shazzyshaz

I appealed 3 subjects and didnt get an upgrade in any! :(:(
    geog, english and home-ec!

lilmizzme wrote: »
    yeh but like you didnt need the points...why not just leave it, it dosent really matter in the long term if you got an A1 or an A2
    JC 2K3 wrote:

Advertisement