Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Skype Free On Three???

• 30-09-2007 12:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

not sure if this has been dealt with already but here it is anyway, since buying the n73 on three network i have beeen able to make free skype-skype calls as was advertised, but now in the last few days when i try to make a call i get a voice message asking me to contact three as skype is not set up on my handset! so when i called three this morning they said i need to buy an add-on to make these free calls!:eek: this is not how it was advertised in their own booklet! here it is described as being free exactly the same as msn without any add-on or extra payments! the orb and sling are dependant on buying the add-ons not skype or msn!

anyone else experience this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Skype is part of the X-Series suite and AFAIK that carries a monthly subscription

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

foggy_lad wrote:
    not sure if this has been dealt with already but here it is anyway, since buying the n73 on three network i have beeen able to make free skype-skype calls as was advertised, but now in the last few days when i try to make a call i get a voice message asking me to contact three as skype is not set up on my handset! so when i called three this morning they said i need to buy an add-on to make these free calls!:eek: this is not how it was advertised in their own booklet! here it is described as being free exactly the same as msn without any add-on or extra payments! the orb and sling are dependant on buying the add-ons not skype or msn!

check your contract probably provided free for a limited time as with many sign up offers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Rob_l wrote:
    check your contract probably provided free for a limited time as with many sign up offers

More than likely what has happened. Read the very small print too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,232 ✭✭✭neilled

foggy_lad wrote:

yep, you pay €15 a month to get the basic xseries package which includes skype.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,347 ✭✭✭legs11

can u use skype if you are bill pay with the ultd bb add on.....>??

• Advertisement

legs11 wrote:
    can u use skype if you are bill pay with the ultd bb add on.....>??

No, you need x-series. In addittion you also need a compatible handset with three firmware on it. These are so far the n73 and the e65. The never released w950 was compatible and they've managed to put it on a few non symbian handsets in other markets. I'd imagine the n 95 will follow next for xseries and three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

did i not see in their advertising booklet a section outlining x-series stuff which states that msn messenger and skype are included free with the phone??

i'd check it again but they've made no such promotions on their website. Messenger yes but skype has always been marketed as part of x-series. Check your booklet again i'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

:o was sure i seen it free with msn but must not have been cos others would be scornful of it stopping. had it free while mobile bb was free. pity its not free cos not paying for x-series till they show some major improvement in service and particularly customer care!

you may have gotten the free skype idea from their new uk mix and match plans.

• Advertisement
Advertisement