Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

X1950 Pro Upgrade Problems

Options
  • 30-09-2007 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭

Ok.. Im having ongoing problems with my pc, first of all about a month ago my X800gto card died, It took me a while to figure out what was wrong but I did and a pci card worked perfectly.. then my chipset fan died and I had to order a new one, So I ordered a chipset fan and X1950pro from Dabs, Ordered on the 6th, came on the 26th.. (problems with delivery..)

Anyway, Problem is the X1950 Pro isnt working for me, It does say that it needs 450W, I have a 400W psu but I was told it should work anyway..

Im not sure if the problem is my psu now or my pci-e card, its possible my chipset got a bit damaged when the fan died so Im thinking the pci-e slot could be malfunctioning..
    Now, anyway to sort this without buying anything else? Im not sure I want to put anymore money into such an old machine, Im half tempted to just upgrade with one of those machines on ankermann..

Anyone know how good dabs are for returns?

A Little summary..
    Everything works perfectly with a pci graphics card

With the Broken X800 I get Long beep - 2 short beep and an error code of 7F which both point to graphics card failure

With the X1950 Pro Im getting one long beep but the diagnostics screen shows FF which is what it normally says when everything is working fine.Nothing comes up on screen, I cant find anything referring to one long beep for Phoneix Bios

PSU is a NorthQ 400w which so far has been perfect for everything..I remember reading after I bought this that this brand is dodgy but so far its perfect..

So what is it? Psu or is it the mobo or could this gpu be doa?

Thanks for any help guys,
    ab

Oh yea nearly forgot the rest of the specs, Amd 64 3700+ skt939,epox ep9na+ mobo,1gb corsair,couple of hd's etc..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,874 ✭✭✭✭PogMoThoin

Try the gpu in another mobo

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Id love to.. but dont have access to any other pci-e mobo.. Only one other pc in the house and its agp.. and none of my friends do either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Redisle

Anyone? New Psu or is my pci-e slot gone?

Advertisement