Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

mics

• 30-09-2007 2:18pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Anyone know what I need & where I can get microphones?

I am talking about the small wired ones you see on the telly with the little black box that sits on your belt loop.

If possible, I prefer a proper old fashioned shop that you walk into (so I can ask for advice) rather than interwebbything

cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 927 ✭✭✭decob

maybe one of the camera shops, like conns. But to be honest you'll get ripped off in a bricks and mortar shop. You get much better value online. So you should use the shop to figure out what make and model you are looking for and then buy online. this place comes recommended for equipment. http://www.thomann.de/gb/cat_GK_mi.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

decob wrote:
    So you should use the shop to figure out what make and model you are looking for and then buy online.

Good tip. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 431 ✭✭donegalman1

The small 'lapel' mics as they are known are usually wireless, hence the wireless transmitter on your belt. A good one can be quite expensive. It depends what you want to do. Also in umcontrolled environemnts it can be hard to get good sound, usually better in a studio setting.

The Thomann site is worth looking through.

Beyerdynamic mics are the broadcast choice, especially for wireless.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Got a quote from cons of 880 euro for a single lapel radio mic.

Donegalman, You say these are not the best quality for outside the studio?

Any other suggestions for outside broadcasts?

cheers

Advertisement