Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tuxes

• 30-09-2007 2:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭

OK I've got a couple of debs coming up in the next few weeks for which i need to get a tux.

Blacktie it seems are charging 120 euro for a rental this year which to me seems a bit extortionate, so I'm just wondering if anyone has had luck anywhere else with either buying or renting for better value in the Dublin area?

M&S seem to be good value as per usual, and the only other place I can think of is Tango's in Temple Bar where i've got a 25% discount.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,206 ✭✭✭jos28

Arnotts Bargain shop had dress suits for €100. Not a bad selection. There's a shop in Donaghmede Shopping Centre(not sure of the name) that has a deal with suit/shirt/bow tie for €150.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 993 ✭✭✭bigslick

hey Sean_K

I used to work in blacktie myself and id say thats bit much for renting a tux. You sure thats the cheapest option? Used to be policy to offer customer a very nice tux as first option.

if you looking to buy tux ask them about new and ex-rental(woren before). usually they can do good deal with renting one and then buying same one.
    Whick blacktie store ya head into?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭DJ_Spider

Got mine in arnotts for 30Euro! Mind you had to take what they had, no changing the jacket or the trousers. Check my website for a pic!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,626 ✭✭✭Stargal

My boyfriend got his in M&S - after shopping around for a bit he found that it was good value (plus he looks great in it). If you have a 25% discount though Tango's would prob work out cheaper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

120 is an awful lot for a tux. Are you sure you don't get anything back when you return it?
    Mine was 100 for my debs and I got 50 back when I returned it the next day, that's the standard price in Galway, anyway..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭yellow

check out this site might find something decent on it if it's not too late http://www.debsball.ie

Advertisement