Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3G Ireland Petition

Options
  • 30-09-2007 2:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭

I posted this in the 3G Problems thread, but felt it needed it's own thread as well...

I started a petition for 3G customers who are having issues with their Internet service.

http://www.petitiononline.com/3ireland/petition.html

If your a customer and having issues, I urge you to sign. After we get enough signatures from dissatisfied customers, we can send it directly to 3G as well as other Irish agencies who will be hard pressed to ignore us if we act together as one.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

They are called 3
    3G is the system used by 3, O2 and Vodaphone.

Also you left out some major issues like IP address sharing and email.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭smellslikeshoes

Don't want to sound too cynical here but those online petitions are rubbish and would be wholeheartedly ignored by 3 or anyone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

A petition where the name of the company is wrong is going to be of very little concern to the company. An online petition, even less.

I'm sure 3 are already fully aware of the number of angry customers they have and just how crap their 3G broadband is, so a petition will be of little effect anyway. But as long as everyone keeps paying them their monthly bill then there's little incentive to fix things quickly.

If 3 are not providing the service you pay for, then stop paying them. Check the T&Cs on your contract to see what their minimum service obligations are.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,213 ✭✭✭culabula

watty wrote:
    They are called 3
    3G is the system used by 3, O2 and Vodaphone.

Also you left out some major issues like IP address sharing and email.

And Vodafone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

It may not be a perfect petition by some peoples standards, but it's not meant to be as such. It's not a binding legal document - just a list of the most common grievances listed by us, the customers who are being slighted.

Arguing it won't have any effect is not only daft, but quite short sighted. I plan on making this petition available to a few agencies, as well as have already gotten support from no less than four TD's which I have already contacted and sat down with about the matter who have promised to look into this when I present them with the petition.

Judging by the support for the petition so far and the comments, I would think 3 Ireland would also want to keep this sort of publicity off RTE, because once it has enough signatures and our elected government officials start looking into the matter, it will be hitting the papers and television as well.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

In that case is it not even more important you have the correct name of the company in the petition?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

If you're taking it this seriously (media and TDs) then change the name on the petition before it goes too far. If you leave the name wrong then it will just make you look foolish and give 3 ammunition against you. They can claim that a user who can't even get the name right probably isn't using it properly, therefore it's all your fault. The media won't know or care and will probably go against you.

If you can't change the name then kill this petition now and start a new one. Add in the points that watty mentioned above too as they are among the major issues.

I still don't think an Internet petition is worth the paper it's written on. I don't know how seriously the media or TDs will take it though. Do the TDs you've contacted know this is an Internet petition? As such, it's open to abuse and false signatures, which 3 will also be very aware of.

Oh and good luck anyway, 3's problems are something that needs to be highlighted especially when they continue to advertise their "Broadband" and con new customers into buying this unusable product.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

3G are a shop chain (not affiliated with 3). If you have a petition against 3G (when you mean 3) you are likely to be sued be 3G for giving them a bad name on something which is nothing to do with them.

Advertisement