Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 Chelsea related questions

• 30-09-2007 2:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭

Curious as to people's thoughts on these. Would have gone for a multiple poll but not sure if it's possible.

1: Will Chelsea finish in the top four?

2: Chelsea's next champions league games are away to Valencia and home to Schalke. Given that they're only on one point and their current form is terrible do you fancy them to make it out of the group stages?

3: Who's the bigger fool?

RA for sacking the most successful manager in Chelsea history and appointing Grant.

or

John Delaney for appointing Staunton.

(I feel really sorry for Irish Chelsea fans):D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

1) yes, barring a total disaster.Chelsea still have a better squad of players than at least 16 other teams in prem.

2) Yes, made it hard for themselves with last weeks draw, but should still progress.(just won't have luxury of being qualified before last round of matches)

3) Delaney for appointing Staunton, no contest.:rolleyes: :D

I think it was better for Chelsea and Mourinho to part ways, Roman has wanted him out for a long time. I.M.H.O.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

1. No

2. No

3. Delaney .. but not by much ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

gosplan wrote:
    Curious as to people's thoughts on these. Would have gone for a multiple poll but not sure if it's possible.

2: Chelsea's next champions league games are away to Valencia and home to Schalke. Given that they're only on one point and their current form is terrible do you fancy them to make it out of the group stages?

RA for sacking the most successful manager in Chelsea history and appointing Grant.

or

1) Yes, fairly easily. Nearly any manager should be able to with that group of players. The only ones with any chance at all breaking into the top 4 are Everton, Spurs, Pompy and Man City. Spurs are looking awful, Man City i couldnt see holding this form for the whole season, Pompy will probably drop a lot at African Nations time (and i don think theyd be able to anyway), and Everton i dont think are quite up to that level just yet.

2) Yes, but possibly in second place. Though Valencia aren't looking particularly convincing this year, some dodgey results themselves.

3) Delaney. At least Grant is a manager with some past success, as opposed to an inexperienced Man Child.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

jackdaw wrote:
    1. No

2. No

3. Delaney .. but not by much ...

Jackdaw you are by a mile the most overly pessimistic fan i've ever seen, of any club, ever. With those players I think ID be confident of getting them 4th spot!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭jackdaw

~Rebel~ wrote:
    Jackdaw you are by a mile the most overly pessimistic fan i've ever seen, of any club, ever. With those players I think ID be confident of getting them 4th spot!

:D:D:D !!!

Hey ! its my way of protecting myself being really really negative...

if im honest :

1- Yes .. as who else can challenge them for 4th ? they may finish a good few points from 3rd but yeah they`ll make it ..

2. --- Ask me on Wednesday night!!!

I actually was shocked when i saw the result, after 4.0 at Hull i thought they
    had gotten some confidence back .. i know Hull is a league below but
    they still should be able to beat Fulham at home ... anyway ..
    the only good thing is RA will be pissed along with Kenyon .. I don't like those 2 ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 709 ✭✭✭wowy

Also about Chelsea and recently being charged by the FA for failing to control their players-weren't they given a suspended points reduction about the Cashley Cole thing-will that be relevant in the upcoming case?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭growler

wowy wrote:
    Also about Chelsea and recently being charged by the FA for failing to control their players-weren't they given a suspended points reduction about the Cashley Cole thing-will that be relevant in the upcoming case?

no

:rolleyes:

to op

1. maybe
    2. maybe
    3. dunno

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

As a Chelsea fan

1. yes

2. No

3. Roman, not for sacking Mourinho (because there relationship was untenable) but for hiring Grant for one of the 5 biggest clubs in the world ATM. Staunton might be a **** manager, but in all fairness, Ireland are fairly bad themselves. We should have brought back Vialli or gotten Lippi

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,828 ✭✭✭gosplan

Next three games, away to Valencia, Bolton and 'Boro.

Methinks I might be bumping this thread when they're done.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Joeyjoejoe43

1. Yes, they will finish 3rd behind Arsenal and Man Utd in no particular order.

2. Yes they will qualify for 2nd round, in fact they may progress further than people think, Semis..

3. Delaney

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

gosplan wrote:

or

1 Top four ? Would have said YES , With their squad they would still be to strong for the rest of league. But after watching their game against Fulham ,I think there is major problems ahead for them , they seem to be missing some of that team spirit that they shown over the last two seasons. I now think Man City could give them a real run for the fourth spot.(Feel free to bring this back up in May and laugh at me)

2 Think Valencia will beat them on Tuesday easy as for getting out of group its going to be a real struggle ,

3. Been Irish and not a Chelsea fan it has to be "The Staunton appointment"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

1)Deffo finish Top 4 imo.

2)Think they'll scrape a draw with Valencia and barely qualify from their group.

3)RA getting rid of JM is nothing compared to the appointment of Stan, RA owns Chelsea and can do watever he wants pretty much, Delaney is responsible for our national side and shouldnt be turning it into a joke.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭ROCKMAN

1)Deffo finish Top 4 imo.

2)Think they'll scrape a draw with Valencia and barely qualify from their group.

3)RA getting rid of JM is nothing compared to the appointment of Stan, RA owns Chelsea and can do watever he wants pretty much, Delaney is responsible for our national side and shouldnt be turning it into a joke.

Spot on ,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

May I ask a related question?

Is there any risk over the next few years of the fans turning against RA and him getting pissed off, taking his money and running?

It's just that he fired an amazing manager who the team & fans love. Now it may appear some of the team will move on at the end of the season. RA will want Grant gone after the disappointing season he will have however how on earth will he attract a decent manager?! I mean no manager would touch them would he? You'd just be RA's puppet and not have full control over the team.

Is the sacking of jose the beginning of the end?

How do chelsea fans feel - is it a case of lying in bed with the devil....

It seems other fans are delighted with chelea's iminent downfall

Advertisement