Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone scales images under WAP, not Meteor or O2

• 30-09-2007 4:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi,
    I have a Nokia 6021 and have been testing software on it using
    a Meteor, O2 & Vodafone pre paid WAP accounts.

When I goto the following URL: http://www.howiya.com/picture.jpg
    I get a picture back. This is not a webpage but just a Jpeg image.

When using O2 & Meteor it returns the full image 320x240 (12.9k)

When using Vodafone it returns the image scaled down to 128x96 (2.8k)

I tried returning a HTML page with a IMG tag with the width/height set but Vodafone STILL scales it down to 128x96.

I'm guessing my phone is sending my device capabilities and only the Vodafone network using these to scale the images for my phone?

Please how can I stop this happening?
    Im starting to think I cannot.
    Any advice would be appriciated.

Regards,
    Barry

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 barrybevel

I have tried everything and nothing works.
    Even Orange POP in Poland doesn't scale the images.
    No other network I have tried automatically scales images except Vodafone.
    This is a REAL pain.
    If you want to use Internet on your phone avoid Vodafone Prepaid.
    Post paid may be different I dont know.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 barrybevel

I eventually got through to a smart guy in support and Vodafone cannot stop the image resizing. It's the gateway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 673 ✭✭✭GekkePrutser

If you put a Java-based web browser on your phone (e.g. Opera mini) it might work! But people have been having mixed results with Opera mini on Vodafone Live. It works with some phones but not with others.

Advertisement