Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby kicks

Options
  • 30-09-2007 5:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

Just wondered when everyone felt there first proper kick one where you could actually see it,i'm 25 weeks pregnant now and have felt kicks but not ones where i can see it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

If i remember right I could feel babys kicks on my wifes tummy from about 20 weeks...but didnt actually see them till about 28 weeks or thereabouts..my you it could have been later.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,890 ✭✭✭embee

You probably won't see visible movement until well after 30 weeks. The baby isn't big enough. Enjoy the last 4-6 weeks of your pregnancy though - watching your belly writhing and swaying from side to side is great ould spree :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

cant wait to see it:)
    my wife tells me it is pretty active, so few more weeks and i can see it for myself :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭MrsA

I am 25 weeks at the moment and our baby is very active. We can see a lot of his movements and have been able to do so since around week 20. However my placenta is at the back and as such he does not have to work too hard for us to see him.
    If your placenta is at the front it could be up to week 30 before you see the kicks.
    Hubbie likes to lie with his head on my belly at night before we go to sleep and gets plenty of kicks in the head for his troubles.

It is all so amazing isn't it? Do you know what you are having?

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

yups we do anyways , kinda keeping it a secret for the family :)
    it is amazing stuff this whole process of baby making

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 48 kashi

It's amazing how different it is for everyone. I'm 24 weeks and my baby's kicks are still not so strong. The O/H still can't feel them (it's tough on him I admit) but he will in time. Of course my little darling may end up moving most when I'm asleep or is just being a little terror already!!:p

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Its so easy how you get used to your bog kicking away so much. I remember so clearly when our baby went queit for 2 or 3 days....the 2 of us were frantic with worry.So much so we went into the Hospital to make sure verything was ok.Anyway after a trace we saw everything was grand....so guys with the active babies....dont fret if you dont feel bog moving for a couple of hours....the lil blighters. But DO talk to any MW if you dont feel movements for more thana day!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

great fun with one, but a total blast with two ! :D enjoy it ......

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭jeni

im nearly 19 weeks and could feel the baby kicking for the first time last week and my partner felt it with his hand last night - its soo nice i love feeling it - but for some reason its only been at night ;)

Advertisement