Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Whats going on?

Options
  • 30-09-2007 5:42pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭

Driving a Golf. Everytime i go around a long bend my oil light comes on and beeps 3 times and then goes off. It happens in the exact same place every day(i have to drive around a long bend(about 300 metres long) on the way in and out of work. It never happens anywhere else, very strange.

Anyone any ideas?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭louie

check the oil in the engine and make sure the level is right.
    It could aslo be that the sensor is too high.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

The oil moves across the sump as you round that long bend and the sensor is exposed light comes on and beeps happen, its too low! Sumps often have a baffle built in to avoid 'slop'.

Mike.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 10,259 ✭✭✭✭Melion

So basically put a full bottle of oil into the car to stop the problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,786 ✭✭✭Neilw

Ehh no:eek: ...a full bottle could be too much, put too much in and you car will pour out white smoke and could blow oil seals.

Check the oil level on the dipstick, the oil should be at the upper line/notch or at the upper part of the hatched area on the dipstick. Add a small amount of oil until the level reaches the upper level mark. You should be fine then.

It helps if you check your oil level once a week, car could be burning oil and need a top-up every so often.

Neil.

Advertisement