Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recommend an Internet Dating Site

Options
  • 30-09-2007 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭

Hi Lads & Ladies,

I'm considering being brave and seeing what internet dating is like. There seems to be a lot of sites. Does anyone have any experience of one and what did you think of it?

Thanks,
    Kaz.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Girrrrseach

www.plentyoffish.com

Absolutely recommended!

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Will check that one out - in case they are regional I'm in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭Girrrrseach

Lotsa people from Cork on it...

I have been on it myself (not anymore, and if anybody knows me, shut up, get over yourself laughing!) and so have some friends, and they all say it's great!

Good luck!!!!! x

• Closed Accounts Posts: 848 ✭✭✭MayMay

Definitely recommend that one too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 273 ✭✭Timmy_d

Have ye met many people through this site? alot of the others seem a waste of time...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,395 ✭✭✭Marksie

THis isnt really a PI, i am moving this to the cork county forum

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Boards.ie worked for me! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭Kazbah

Marksie wrote:
    THis isnt really a PI, i am moving this to the cork county forum

Eh? I disagree, it's definately a PI for me!!! The fact I'm in Cork is incidental!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

I would definitely see this as more of a PI than a Cork thing, tbh!

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Cool site, there actually aren't that many fish, in Dublin. :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Danny1980

I have to say, many irish dating sites are done by anotherfriend.ie, which I absolutely CANNOT recommendm, so be aware!!!!! This was the only one, i've found back then. You may be well able to register and stuff, but as time moves on and you make some good aquaintances there, you cannot exchange contact details, unless you have upgraded to a premium account, which costs you a hell of money, only to be unrestricted. Well, I understand and I'm well aware, not to give my contact details to anyone just like this, but if you really get on well, you still cannot talk as freely as you'd like, otherwise they block you forsevereal days. They did with me, as alledgedly I gave out infos I was not supposted to give out, they didn't tell me, what I did wrong, they just blocked me. I made a real lovely aquaintance there and couldn't even give him my email-address, to contact him other that via that website anotherfriend.ie. I was blocked and he thought, I had just stopped writing to him. I could still read his messages, but not reply and that was very sad, when he wrote and contemplated, what he could have done wrong, that I stopped writing. :( The only thing, I could do was editing my profile, so I wrote there in my profile a message to all people I talked (two or three rally good ones) to and left my website address. My main contact, that thought, I just stopped writing came arcross that and got the website address, via which he contacted me at my there displayed email address. And since I am living here in Ireland, we've met up several times and now we are best of friends! Wouldn't want to miss him in my life! So Anotherfriend nis not the best, they really restrickt you to force you, upgrading youtr account and make money with you! It makes me wonder, whether there's not a free genuine dating site, that doesn't do stuff like this to make you giving them your money just to talk to someone! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

jeaysus.. i just had a look at that site Girrrrseach reccomended.

And there is a **** load of cork people on it.. Just glancing through the list of photos i recognise people i see in college and around the city.

Cork must be the lonliest place in the world

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

I know you're asking about internet dating but I seen sign on the south link last week for speed dating in cork city.

Might be of interest to you or not.

Good luck with your search anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

i have had mostly disappointing experiences to those sites..... be careful there are a lot of people out there who are single for a reason.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,706 ✭✭✭craichoe

all_smilz wrote: »
    i have had mostly disappointing experiences to those sites..... be careful there are a lot of people out there who are single for a reason.

Well .. duhhhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭mawk

yes. and that reason is becuase they are a lovely 'bubbley' down to earth girl who has just been unlucky in love, and is tired of the pub/club scene and just .. thought it might be fun to try here to find love one last time.

--looking for their romeo--

ideal first date- always cinema.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,322 ✭✭✭✭Esel

As the saying goes: The odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    mawk wrote: »
    ideal first date- always cinema.
    Maybe you are :D here, but if not, you are way off.

Cinema is ideal for a first date if you want to decrease your chances of a second date.

Not your ornery onager

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭mentalson

"tired of the pub\club scene" Thats pretty common. and loads of them seem to have "walking on a beach" as one of their favourite things.

would be wary of plentyoffish. lots of the women on the site have been on there daily since I started checking it out a few months ago. they seem to be there just for the attention and doubt the accuracy of many of the profiles or whether they have any intention of meeting guys. If you see a member who appears on 121 favourite list of other members, alarm bells should start ringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 747 ✭✭✭all_smilz

craichoe wrote: »
    Well .. duhhhhhhh

*rolls eyes*
    was pointing out that while everyone who is single HAS a reason for same some reasons are more because they are scary weirdos rather than simply finding the pub club scene impossible or not meeting suitable people....
    yeeesh....

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭LilMrsDahamsta

dahamsta wrote: »
    Boards.ie worked for me! :)

;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 swaner

A lot of dating / hookup sites out there, according to my experience if you want something fast and casual look at hookup sites list ( http://onenightstand1.com/sexdating-sites/ ), if you prefer real I mean real dating then pof ( http://pof.com ) and okCupid (http://occupid.com) , those are with largest worldwide members base so you will probabbly find something for you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

swaner wrote: »
    A lot of dating / hookup sites out there, according to my experience if you want something fast and casual look at hookup sites list ( http://onenightstand1.com/sexdating-sites/ ), if you prefer real I mean real dating then pof ( http://pof.com ) and okCupid (http://occupid.com) , those are with largest worldwide members base so you will probabbly find something for you :)

Jeez, the OP is probably married with kids at this stage!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Zombie thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement